Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,713 Posts
Could be to take into account the damage on the driver's and rear offside passenger doors. I can't see any mention of service history but with the age and mileage, it will be out of warranty anyway.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
That’s a repair, too. Who knows what it looked like before, what it hit, how hard it hit it and what else was damaged...

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...110k 92.7 and rising
202 Posts
Sadly this is probably where values are heading once the bulk of the fleet is out of warranty. Setting aside the fun factor, and the fact that a few will undoubtedly become future classics, the purchase of an Ampera or Volt realistically entails understanding that owning one of these extraordinary vehicles is an adventure, and you may have to write off the entire purchase price if something really serious goes wrong. Personally, I'd be re-purposing my battery as a powerwall if that ever happened but once I had come to terms with the financial risk I found I was much more relaxed about ownership. Of course that is where the value of this and similar forums is going to come to the fore - keeping the dear things going at reasonable cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.