Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d call into the Ely Leisure Village on the A10 for a bight to eat and while there have a look at the ChargePoint/instavolt chargers situated at the Hive Leisure Centre. The app shows them being available 24hrs and to my disbelief the gates were closed leaving no means of accessing them. Has anyone else had issues with accessibility at all and had any luck contacting local authorities/councils regarding this issue?

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,157 Posts
Lots of chargers that typically were 24h are no longer offering unrestricted access following the COVID-19 Pandemic. Zap Map is typically fairly good at showing you what can be accessed where and when, but it is still only as good as the info that people submit to the app. So now you discovered this, it would be advisable for you to leave a comment for others if you haven't already.

You can by all means try to contact the site management or council about this to see if they can arrange to leave gates open to allow access to the chargers but I don't think you will a great deal of luck getting a response at the moment due to everything else that's going on.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
196 Posts
Thought I’d call into the Ely Leisure Village on the A10 for a bight to eat and while there have a look at the ChargePoint/instavolt chargers situated at the Hive Leisure Centre. The app shows them being available 24hrs and to my disbelief the gates were closed leaving no means of accessing them. Has anyone else had issues with accessibility at all and had any luck contacting local authorities/councils regarding this issue? View attachment 132455
The chargers have only ever been available during the Hive opening hours, a shame that Instavolt website doesn’t reflect this. Plugshare and Zap-map show availability hours correctly although the Hive has been closed until recently due to Covid-19.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Zap Map is typically fairly good at showing you what can be accessed where and when, but it is still only as good as the info that people submit to the app.
A case in point is Brislington Park and Ride, which is closed on Sundays. Someone turned up to use the rapid on a Sunday and marked it on Zap Map as out of use just because they couldn't get access. Anyone else taking a quick look at that entry would assume it was broken. A quick email to Zap Map, and they fixed the entry right away, showing "Closed on Sundays" as a restriction.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The chargers have only ever been available during the Hive opening hours, a shame that Instavolt website doesn’t reflect this.
It’s is a tad naughty. If the chargers are actually usable I might have to take some bolt croppers with me next time! I must get onto whoever passed planning of the Ely Leisure Village. There’s plenty of room for a bank of chargers there, and a perfect location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts