Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A conversation in the office the other day about nuclear physics got me wondering, (Sometime our office is like that!)

upload_2017-10-26_22-19-16.png
  1. How many Amperas would be needed to reach “Critical Mass”?

2. Would a Positive cancel out an Electron?
I though that as we have a high density of Amperas in Gloucestershire this would be a good place to test out the theory AND HAVE A BEER!

I would like to propose a get together of Amperas for ‘just a half a shandy officer’, and a chat about our amazing cars.

I know what ever day or time I pick it will clash with someone's karate club or flower arranging classes so anyone not busy is more than welcome to join me.

12th November 2017
2:30PM
The Apple Tree Inn
Stockwell Lane
Woodmancote
Cheltenham
GL52 9QD (For any other make of Sat Nav)

N51.944599,W2.038241
N51º56’40” W2º2’17” (Especially for Electrons)​

If we get enough we might get a great photo and start a chain reaction.

Will

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi @Peter Cittern I had not imagined any one coming from Bristol. I would have picked somewhere nearer to the motorway if I had thought we would have that much reach. Well the food at the Apple Tree is good so may be a Sunday lunch.
The next meet up will have to be somewhere with better access.

Hope to see you there.
Will

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi @Peter Cittern I had not imagined any one coming from Bristol. I would have picked somewhere nearer to the motorway if I had thought we would have that much reach. Well the food at the Apple Tree is good so may be a Sunday lunch.
The next meet up will have to be somewhere with better access.

Hope to see you there.
Will
You might get some from further afield than that. We're thinking of coming up from South Wales....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Couple of hours from here ;) but I'm otherwise engaged that day so not this time. Sunday lunch(y)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't make that day I'm afraid as I'm taking my bike CBT!
That is such a shame @ThePhilSProject. Really good luck with your CBT. What bike are you going for?

I raced bikes for 10 years but it then took me another 10 years to get the courage to go on the road. After a couple of years I had to sell my bike before I lost my licence :eek:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Might be able to make it, my wife is away that weekend and I'm house/cat sitting... 66 miles from her place, easy normal/hold experiment :)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Oh the puns !
Maybe, depends on plans, never adverse a good Sunday lunch.
Not to far ...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well within EV range for me, even if it's a cold day, so I'm pretty positive I can make it in my Electron (groan). I've not been there for many years, but The Apple Tree always had a good reputation then and I hear it still has. It'll be nice to see a few other Amps and Volt or two hopefully!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can't make that day I'm afraid as I'm taking my bike CBT!
I took my bike test in about 1977 on a Honda 250. It was just the one practical test, which involved riding around the block a few times in different directions, without falling off. Then the 'examiner' stepped out in front of me to do an emergency stop, I was well prepared as it was glaringly obvious a hundred yards away when he was going to do it. Then a few highway code questions and that was it.

I think the CBT is a good idea, it is amazing to think you could buy up to a 250 back then and just simply blast around the streets on L plates without any training at all!

Good luck with the CBT!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts