Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..and to add to the mystery; it vanishes once the car is turned on and does nothing when it's not :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
BMW i3 60ah bev, solar orange
43 Posts
Maybe similar to my Ioniq's Winter Mode where extra power will be diverted to heat the battery to maintain car performance and battery charging speed during colder months?

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe similar to my Ioniq's Winter Mode where extra power will be diverted to heat the battery to maintain car performance and battery charging speed during colder months?
Except it does nothing (I.e. doesn’t respond to touch and changes nothing) when charging and vanishes when on the move / switches on.........

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,645 Posts
I suspect it’s nothing more than a bug, Occams Razor and all that.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suspect it’s nothing more than a bug, Occams Razor and all that.
Oh, I agree, and it only appears as an option to select for the quick menu, nowhere else in any setting/ menu. Perhaps waiting for something to come along later.

·
Premium Member
6,645 Posts
Oh, I agree, and it only appears as an option to select for the quick menu, nowhere else in any setting/ menu. Perhaps waiting for something to come along later.
I suspect it’s more to do with the base software having been designed to cover all sorts of VAG vehicles, and thats showing through.

I was unaware how similar the software is across the new vehicles until I drove the Golf 8, I always thought the software was unique to the ID.3.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
86 Posts
There are a number of other "ghost settings", traction control, hill descent control - photos below. I think I also saw an ESC or ESP setting but did not capture that on camera yet!

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
202 Posts
Could they be activated when the connected services thingy comes online? Pay for software upgrades. may benefit some people to have hill descent control on ID4 awd for example.

·
Premium Member
6,645 Posts
I seem to remember a similar screen coming up on mine in the past, it seemed to be some kind of ‘engineering/diagnostics mode’.

I saw it mentioned on another forum, they’d accidentally enabled it when checking the headlight driving on the left/right thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts