Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,881 Posts
Is this the vehicle being reviewed in this article? If so, it still uses the 1.5 litre engine. The 2l is for the non PHEV equivalent.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the report

and the relevant text

“The range-topper is the Plug-in Hybrid model, which has 220hp on tap courtesy of a 2.0-litre petrol engine and electric motor. MINI says it can do up to 37 miles on electric power alone, and combined fuel economy is as high as 166mpg – though obviously that depends on the type of journey undertaken.”

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

According to this review, it’s still the 1.5 litre ICE mated to an electric motor.
Now things are getting more confusing!
The Parkers review says a 2 litre engine
The review you have quotes a 1.5 engine but states the old size7.6 battery!
so I think there are errors in both reports!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Taken from the Mini configurator...
The new facelift Countryman from July this year has the 10kw battery (which replaced the 7.6kw last year) and the 3 cylinder 4 valve turbo engine. Combined 220hp.
Acceleration 0-62 mph - 6.8 s
CO2 Emissions combined (NEDC combined) 40 g/km

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes, they need a slightly larger battery to get the range above 20 miles and therefore qualify for london congestion charge exemption from October 2021 when the rules change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"You must also submit a photocopy of the conformity certificate as provided by the vehicle dealership"

Ah didn't someone have trouble obtaining this ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I did but you don't need that any more, just your V5. given the charge has gone up and is now 24/7 then after having given up a year or two ago I tried again last week, was glad to see there was no need for the certificate (as Mini had refused to provide me with it) and in 2 days they confirmed the car qualified for exemption but only until October 2021 when they change the rules again.... it is exempt from the ULEZ though so that's a total of £27.50 just to drive into the centre

·
Registered
4 Posts
So £10 to register for a year then no charges.
Will do about four trips into the zone in next 12 months so £50 saved !
Every little helps....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Its the same car with a minor facelift, same ICE, slightly bigger battery and the latest BMS. It not a new car. I considered one when I last changed my car, but a decent spec was 38k. Too near M3 money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now things are getting more confusing!
The Parkers review says a 2 litre engine
The review you have quotes a 1.5 engine but states the old size7.6 battery!
so I think there are errors in both reports!!
You are right, there are errors in both reviews - lazy journalism!

the MINI PHEV comes with a 1.5l 3cyl engine, and a 8.82KWH net battery totalling 220HP

hope this helps :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts