Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

“On-going checks”

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Anajulia 
#1 ·
So I have a problem that is driving me mad. I have instructed a solicitor and sent a notice to reject my now-6months old Zoe.

I come home at 6pm - car is down to 50%. I plug in and the charging starts. I nip out to check progress at 10pm. Unlock and open the door and it displays “ongoing checks” and isn’t charging. It has reached 54% before stopping. I wait a few seconds and charging resumes. By morning it has reached 100%. Whilst annoying, I still get to work. The problem is if I do t get home until 10pm, I wake up to 50% or less charge. I have a 60mile round trip to work - so this is a disaster.

Renault have investigated. They say there is nothing wrong.

Chargemaster have replaced the charging unit twice, reinforced the earth connection, reconfigured the wiring and say it is the car.

I’m at a loss - what next? I’ve lost confidence in the car and I want to return it.

has anyone else had similar issues. Anyone got a solution?

thanks

sarah

See less See more
#2 ·
My old R240 started to do this just before I got rid of it. No idea what changed or why. For me it was 63-66% iirc it would always stop at until I woke the car up and it would start again.

It hadn't been to a dealer or had any updates. I had never used any charge timer. It did it at any single phase charge post, and it wouldn't ever restart no matter how long I left it without me waking the car by opening it.

Renault claimed there was nothing wrong but they wouldn't try anywhere other than their 22kW post at the dealership so it was a waste of time.

If you ever manage to get further with what the cause is, please let me know. I'm curious and would be very interested to finally understand why it suddenly started doing it.

#6 ·
Sorry. Yes. Two posts. First was ages ago. Forgot I’d written it. I’ve been trying to sort the problem since early December. But no one will take responsibility. In the meantime I’m stuck with a car I can’t trust. Hence the legal route.

#7 ·
There could be an issue with the locking pin in the charging socket on the car. That can cause issues with charging as it doesn't seat properly so it could fail the ongoing checks.

I'd also try the car on a public tethered cable charger and a socketed one with the supplied renault cable. If it has problems on all of those then it points the finger at the car.

What have renault done about it to help?

#18 ·
Have you tried charging the car when its at a lower state of charge? I normally charge my R110 ZE 40 when it gets to 30 - 20 % rather than 50% as it charges faster and I like to preserve the battery life by minimising charge cycles although in theory 50% state of charge shouldn't make any difference, good luck in getting the problem resolved.

#20 ·
So I have a problem that is driving me mad. I have instructed a solicitor and sent a notice to reject my now-6months old Zoe.

I come home at 6pm - car is down to 50%. I plug in and the charging starts. I nip out to check progress at 10pm. Unlock and open the door and it displays “ongoing checks” and isn’t charging. It has reached 54% before stopping. I wait a few seconds and charging resumes. By morning it has reached 100%. Whilst annoying, I still get to work. The problem is if I do t get home until 10pm, I wake up to 50% or less charge. I have a 60mile round trip to work - so this is a disaster.

Renault have investigated. They say there is nothing wrong.

Chargemaster have replaced the charging unit twice, reinforced the earth connection, reconfigured the wiring and say it is the car.

I’m at a loss - what next? I’ve lost confidence in the car and I want to return it.

has anyone else had similar issues. Anyone got a solution?

thanks

sarah
[/QUOTE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.