Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please advise me what I should receive in the “tool kit” of a Countryman PHEV?
I’m about to purchase ‘68 Reg car and want to make sure all the equipment that should be with the car, is indeed there.
There appears to be some doubt on the number of charging leads, some say just the granny lead, others say the granny lead plus a public charging cable. I suspect that as it has a blow & go kit there will be no jack of wheel brace, but a locking wheel nut key should be present?
Where should this kit be stored?
In the car I had for 48 hour test had nothing but the blow & go, not even the granny cable! I had to go back for that.
Many thanks

·
The key to life is in the question...
67 Posts
Can anyone please advise me what I should receive in the “tool kit” of a Countryman PHEV?
I’m about to purchase ‘68 Reg car and want to make sure all the equipment that should be with the car, is indeed there.
There appears to be some doubt on the number of charging leads, some say just the granny lead, others say the granny lead plus a public charging cable. I suspect that as it has a blow & go kit there will be no jack of wheel brace, but a locking wheel nut key should be present?
Where should this kit be stored?
In the car I had for 48 hour test had nothing but the blow & go, not even the granny cable! I had to go back for that.
Many thanks
Hi Gordon
Sorry - not been on this forum in a while..... Hopefully not too late to answer.
My car (Arval supplied company leased car) came with runflat tyres, but I did get the "blow and go" kit and only the granny cable.
Had to add the public charging cable to the "options" list at some ridiculous price as this does not come as standard with the car.
If this is a private purchase I think you can get cheaper charging cables from the 'net, but its only £180 from BMW and you are spending £35,000 on the car so probably not a concern.
My bitter experience of any (BMW)Mini product now is that if you think you will get it as standard, think again ! It will be a cost option !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gordon
Sorry - not been on this forum in a while..... Hopefully not too late to answer.
My car (Arval supplied company leased car) came with runflat tyres, but I did get the "blow and go" kit and only the granny cable.
Had to add the public charging cable to the "options" list at some ridiculous price as this does not come as standard with the car.
If this is a private purchase I think you can get cheaper charging cables from the 'net, but its only £180 from BMW and you are spending £35,000 on the car so probably not a concern.
My bitter experience of any (BMW)Mini product now is that if you think you will get it as standard, think again ! It will be a cost option !
I bought a cable back in June off eBay for £60. It was as new and works very well.
I should add my car was a private sale, I bought a Sept 18 car in May, it had less than 3500 miles on it. So no company, no lease etc. I used the granny cable when. First bought the car but had a tethered Rolec unit fitted just before the requirements for these changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts