Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Thought it’d be a good moment to share my new PR in terms of acceleration!
0-100 km/h in 5.6 seconds:

I managed this when fitting my old wheels with better performing tires!
Seems that the GTE can be compared with the GTI in terms of acceleration ;-)
What do you think and what is your record?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mine is stock and with Michelin Pilot Sport 4's I was getting 6.7 - 6.8 seconds if I launched well. VW market the car as 7.6 seconds to 60 but the reality is the cars are faster than that.

Frankly anything more in my hands is scary. Can't wait until I can get a Model 3 Performance.

Very impressive work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Dutch,

I have follow your topic for GTE mapping and Im going too at tunningservice :D

I just forget the day of remap to fulling with 98 RON so at dyno it not was perfect score, but when I try after remap ... Answome ! (They give me fuel additive to convert 95/98 to 98/102 RON and it was ok)

They are really profesionnal and cool, and the price is really great. It's the half of classic TSI Map 😅

The DSG remap is really good and react better on sport driving.

So I have make small test on roads with 18" Michelin PS4 and Im at 5.8/5.9s.

I need more time and VCDS for have rated score.

Did you make VMAX test ? I wait m'y next visit to Deutschland but I didnt reach more than before mapping (230-235km/h) and not really try 😂

Thanks for all posts, from Belgium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a quick question, as you've done a fair amount of testing on this. Which is faster:
  • Launch control with the ICE idling
  • Launch control with the ICE at high revs

I'm sure you probably know this, but if you push the brake and the accelerator (flat on the floor) for like 10 seconds, the engine revs high in preparation for launch. Does this help make the 0-60 times any faster, or just produce more traction loss?

I only ask because all the videos you've posted have been from ICE idling - so perhaps that's my question answered already...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The GTE doesn't have true launch control, it can't hold the brakes while applying torque. I would suggest the only benefit to having the engine started on launch is to allow it to pick up power sooner. In 'GTE' mode, on my car, I've noticed if you put full power down from a stop there is a bit of hesitation where the E-motor is used to immediately start the engine, a bit like a 'stop-start' car and the latency there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fair enough, I was just wondering if there's a difference between:
  • Turn on GTE mode. Stop at lights. Foot on brake hard. Foot on accelerator hard. Hold for 2 secs. ICE is running, but at circa 1000 RPM. Let go of brake pedal.
  • Turn on GTE mode. Stop at lights. Foot on brake hard. Foot on accelerator hard. Hold for 10 secs. ICE is bouncing off rev limiter. Let go of brake pedal.

From someone who clearly likes a 0-60 (@DutchGTE) and has upgraded his performance, I thought I'd ask for his experience

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There really is no way to have the rev limiter bouncing when standing still, the clutches start to grab when giving it some beans (no launch control feature of some sort, so you're basically burning your clutches, lol)!
But still, after driving a remapped GTE, you should know that launch control really has 0 function in this car: it's heavy, has high torque and FWD, so massive wheelspin and understeer under pretty much most circumstances.
I think launch control is a gimmick, even in GTI's, only in the R you can put it to good use!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts