Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want a 1/8 scale Dealer Display model Nissan Leaf just in time for Christmas ? Am sure you have all admired these wonderful solar blue Leafs that sit in the cabinets at Official Nissan Leaf Dealerships.. Well did you know it cost Nissan approx. £3000 for each one of the 200 they made!! Well I got one and its open for offers.. must warn you its pretty heavy so you'll need to collect it ,, and as its a model,, the wheels are fixed,, that is they don't roll,, the tyres have flat spots to hold their stance.. so don't expect it to be a kiddies toy,, The wing mirrors will need super gluing as their pins have become detached through being removed some time ago. Theres bound to be a more involved Leaf Lover than me out there who would want it drop me a line.. am only selling it as the novelty of it has wore off,, and really it needs to sit in a garage next to your EV collection or in a study come office.. plz pvt me if interested.. Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
SUPER old post bump, sorry folks.

The forum wont let me PM the original poster, I am wondering, do you still have this for sale?
If so please name your price, and if not, to help me further my search, could you tell me how much it sold for?

Regards,

·
Leave in a Leaf
478 Posts
could you tell me how much it sold for?
I've seen them on fleabay for as much as £400 - although I suspect that particular one didn't get that much as it was on there for a very long time. From what I remember £50 to £100 was a typical price about 12 months ago.
I managed to get lucky - twice. My first was £27 and the second was £16. :whistle:
Obviously anything is better than nothing but beware of tatty ones missing mirrors, wheels, door handles etc.
They are also prone to developing massive negative camber (and then the wheels fall off) because of the weight but there is a simple woodworking fix to correct it.
I'll get me coat.;)

Oh and by the way - they're not 1/8th scale. It's about 3.6 to 1. WTF ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
SUPER old post bump, sorry folks.

The forum wont let me PM the original poster, I am wondering, do you still have this for sale?
If so please name your price, and if not, to help me further my search, could you tell me how much it sold for?

Regards,
I have a nissan leaf the same as pictured in this thread. Please let me know if your interested as I am interested in selling my leaf and Nissan juke in same size. Regards bola180

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I know Ian Sampson got hold of one. No idea what he did with it

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Obviously anything is better than nothing but beware of tatty ones missing mirrors, wheels, door handles etc.
They are also prone to developing massive negative camber (and then the wheels fall off) because of the weight but there is a simple woodworking fix to correct it.
I'll get me coat.;)

Oh and by the way - they're not 1/8th scale. It's about 3.6 to 1. WTF ?
With just a little bit of reworking it can be converted to the current Gen 2 style, just like Nissan did!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With just a little bit of reworking it can be converted to the current Gen 2 style, just like Nissan did!
I have a nissan leaf the same as pictured in this thread. Please let me know if your interested as I am interested in selling my leaf and Nissan juke in same size. Regards bola180
[/QUOT
I sold it about 6 months later for £150 to a Leaf enthusiast in Scotland These showroom display models do take up an awful lot of space if your in a small apartment so best you have ample space first and approving families and partners! They are bigger than your average coffee table and do take up floorspace.. Its deceiving when your in a car showroom as its a much bigger space than an average living room..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah they are big had them a few years in the garage just dont need them so thought the space would be handy. Trying to figure out the best place to sell both of them. Thanks for all the quick replys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts