Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,
Since last week I am the owner of my first EV and very happy about it 馃憤
However, when I've tried to connect MY Renault app with the car I need to enter 10 digits code "supplied by the dealer during hand over" The issue here is that I bought my car used from a Renault dealer. I've already spoken to them about it but the explanation was that they cannot help???? Looks like all the story about Renault dealers are correct 馃が
I can see all the information regarding my car on the web or on the app but I cannot connect to the car so I can take advantage of all the additional feature.
Is there any other way I can retrieve this code?

Cheers

Registered
ONTO/Evezy 拢50 Code: CADA7
You're not missing out on much anyways. All you get is the vehicle location, the state of charge (often incorrect) and the ability to precondition which isn't as reliable as using the key or setting a timer in the car.

Try contacting Renault customer service rather than the dealer. They're pretty responsive on Twitter, and may be able to point you in the right direction if there's a way that they can generate a code for you, or put a bit of pressure on the dealer to sort it out if it must be them.

Registered
The original supplying dealer can only generate the code, however I think the system where it is generated from is no longer live.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The original supplying dealer can only generate the code, however I think the system where it is generated from is no longer live.
Eh well, I can live without that but it is disappointing that Renault have the App but not the support needed to use it.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
It was a while ago when I did this after buying a ZE40 second hand.

I seem to remember Renault Customer Support were very good and got me the authorisation code within 48 hours.

Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
How to re-subscribe to Connected Services after expiry:

Reactions: Padrino

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
How to re-subscribe to Connected Services after expiry:
If I go to "essential" as per your instruction there is no option to buy there 馃槨

Registered
Ring customer services on 03443690000.

They helped me with getting an activation code (like you, mine was bought used) and getting set up with the new app.
They will also make sure you have the correct subscriptions. It didn't cost me anything to renew them.

Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
done this just the other week for my used 2013 Zoe - very nice helpful chap called
David Oliveira - Customer Service Representative @ [email protected] gave me the 10 digit code - no charge ...

issue is that when it works is pretty good ,but it looks like my TCU is at fault or the network or the gsm aerial or some other issue because most times my signal says 'disconnected' on the r-link screen and has no signal bars lit - I could go onto the android my zoe app at 8pm in the evening and it will say 'last seen 6.05am' thats no good - to be useful it should be connected at all times 24hrs a day - but as I say, I must have a problem with my car keep disconnecting like that , cant be right.

When it does work I like the way , if your charging , that it alternates giving you charge percentage as well as expected range and i think it sends you a text message when charging starts (maybe at end too) and the service schedules is good about your car. I cannot get the pre-con to work from the app by pressing the pre-con icon on the app... shall just have to do it by the keycard button.

the app gives radio code for your r-link as well should you ever need it once you are up and running and registered .

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks DrEskimo and Andy 馃憤,
Called this morning and spoke to David Oliveira, got the code for 2 minutes, no worries at all. However....now I have to wait perhaps 72 hours to see what is going on. not to mention that when I check the network status in the R Link it says NOT CONNECTED.....hopefully if David activate the service I will be able to start using it.

Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s

Registered
Thanks DrEskimo and Andy 馃憤,
Called this morning and spoke to David Oliveira, got the code for 2 minutes, no worries at all. However....now I have to wait perhaps 72 hours to see what is going on. not to mention that when I check the network status in the R Link it says NOT CONNECTED.....hopefully if David activate the service I will be able to start using it.
Yea I went through all this too. There is a procedure you can follow. They sent me a PDF but I'm guessing it's addressed in @555djx post above.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
OK........where is fuse 31 located? I can see the fuse box in the glove compartment but fuse 31 is evading me 馃榿

Registered
This should help

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Once again Mo to the rescue 馃榿 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
馃槨馃が Nope it did not work.......
I've noticed that my SIM is with ID: 000000000000000000

Registered
Maybe needs the 'up to 72hrs' to connect or is the sim removed 馃槺

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe needs the 'up to 72hrs' to connect or is the sim removed 馃槺
Remain to be seen....as they say 馃榿 馃憤
The SIM still there, otherwise no signal will be recorded and as you can see I have one WHOLE bar 馃槑

Registered
Wait the time before doing anything else.
Once the system is active on the Renault server side, they send an SMS to your car telling it to connect / phone home and sort itself out. Hurrying the process won't help.

Only start doing other stuff after 72 hrs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts