Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking through the specs for the ID4 and noticed that only the Max gets the 12 inch screen for the infotainment WTF VW?

I thought all ID4s were getting the larger screen as seen in the myriad of youtube videos all praising the larger screen size.

I am now really considering the Enyaq over the ID4.

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
I agree it's odd that the Skoda has a much larger screen (seemingly as standard?), but by the same token I've not had any instance where I've wished the 10" screen was larger. Different strokes, different folks and all that, but I wouldn't make the screen size my deciding factor. 😅

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
153 Posts
blame the UK VW team... they prioritised other things to get us in the price range for the government grant. Then the grant got removed for most people who were late ordering so it becomes a mute point.
Personally I would have liked the HUD, variable height boot, and the electric tailgate on the 1st edition, bit like on the euro edition. Not bothered by the larger screen or the sunroof but the latter should have been an option as the factory was producing 1st edition with sun roof already!

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VW seem to have taken a completely different tack to Skoda. The Enyaq comes with the two different battery sizes and then everything else is an option either individually or as a pack while the ID4 can only be bought as a pre-equipped model.

·
Registered
30 Posts
blame the UK VW team... they prioritised other things to get us in the price range for the government grant. Then the grant got removed for most people who were late ordering so it becomes a mute point.
The grant was available for cars less than £50K at that time, so not sure how your logic works out there. No doubt they had a target price in mind for the UK market and spec’d accordingly, but it clearly wasn’t influenced by the PICG.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
153 Posts
The grant was available for cars less than £50K at that time, so not sure how your logic works out there. No doubt they had a target price in mind for the UK market and spec’d accordingly, but it clearly wasn’t influenced by the PICG.
true but the price point goes hand in hand with the grant. why else would the first edition be different to europe (inc. southern ireland) and US? putting a first edition at that those specs would have taken the car to a higher price point and made it less appealing. So they sacrifised functionality to keep the price down and make it affordable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts