Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

100 miles in a Leaf with a rapid charge by a complete novice

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  garry 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting, to be honest the text that flashed up seemed the most illumination bits of information of all.

I have to say though I found the chargers easy to use, self explanatory, wonder what the issue was that lead to a call to Ecotricity... twice?! Also I have to say I really don't like the whine from the chargers, nasty noise.

As an aside, it's a bit dodgy recording hand-held while driving like that and posting on YouTube while simultaneously confessing to speeding!

#5 ·
Most I have ever done is 98 in a new Mk1... again, took quite a bit of doing and a lot of 30 mph in town. Never got anywhere close since!

Best I have done recently is 74 from Wincanton to Waterlooville. Temp was warm and I arrived with 4 miles estimate still on the guess-o-meter so probably had around 10 miles remaining.

#6 ·
Yes i do a drive around city to Derbyshire and back with plenty of major hill climbs but then major re-gen on way back helps top back up, in summer get home with around 20 ish miles left as in winter in MK1 just manage to get home. Same route in a Mk 2 Tekna with heating on and seats on some range left but not cold and in summer due to re-gen more range left on Mk 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.