Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
40kwh battery is still an option in the new version, isn't it? We had a whole argument recently about how it was going to be a 52kwh battery software locked to the reduced capacity...

That said, Bjorn has expressed disappointment at the range of the new Zoe in the past, so maybe this is par for the course, where he is and how he drives at least.
IIRC CCS is not available on the 41 kWh model.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lol discussion derailed, fired up pretty quickly. For the past 18 months I personally had used preconditioning only occasionally. I refrained from charging at night, and wherever I charged I sat reading or with a computer in a cafe/restaurant. Once back in the car it takes no time to warm up the interior (heating set to 24c, cooling set to 20c)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Watched the video...it appears to me that Zoe 50kwh battery gives little or no advantage over the Zoe Q90 with the 41KWH battery. The Zoe's charge speed curve is conservative and it looks pretty much the same in the new car. I, for one, am not upgrading to bigger battery that is less efficient and slower to charge....CCS..in tnis case, what is the point?
Yeah, for me Renault really haven't stepped up to the plate with the 2020 Zoe. They've made some good changes but, have dropped some of the things that made previous Zoe really liokeable. Like dropping the flap opening and pre-heat from the key fob and why doesn't a car that is that expensive not have adaptive cruise control? That's why I cancelled my order for the GT Line and went for the MG.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where in Renault's sites does it show a 40kw option on the new CCS car
I've no idea, it was just an idle thought from this:

Is the ZE40 still available in any other countries even though it isn't here?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Lol discussion derailed, fired up pretty quickly. For the past 18 months I personally had used preconditioning only occasionally. I refrained from charging at night, and wherever I charged I sat reading or with a computer in a cafe/restaurant. Once back in the car it takes no time to warm up the interior (heating set to 24c, cooling set to 20c)
This time of year I use pre-heat almost every time I go out. It doesn't effect range that much and starts to warm the batteries before you move off.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I've no idea, it was just an idle thought from this:

Is the ZE40 still available in any other countries even though it isn't here?
ZE40 is the base model for the new line up. It doesn't come with CCS, but is really inexpensive. The next model up (can't remember what it's called) has CCS as a payable option. CCS is only standard on GT Line.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zoe has always had poor efficiency at high speed cruising, I assume this is down to it not being as aero as other highly efficient EV's (ioniq, model 3 etc).

Also no heater button on the fob would be a deal breaker for me to upgrade, nobody wants to faff about with an app for a minute when 2 seconds pressing the key is all you need at the moment.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ZE40 is the base model for the new line up. It doesn't come with CCS, but is really inexpensive. The next model up (can't remember what it's called) has CCS as a payable option. CCS is only standard on GT Line.
Why don’t you check your facts before posting? I have just visited the Renault UK website and your comment is total nonsense. Three trims that are ALL Z.E. 50, Play, Iconic, GT Line. Play: R110. Iconic: R110, R110 Rapid Charge, R135, R135 Rapid Charge. GT Line: R135, R135 Rapid Charge.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Although it is a bit weird that the available capacity of the battery is something like 41 kWh. That's a lot of buffer.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Why don’t you check your facts before posting? I have just visited the Renault UK website and your comment is total nonsense. Three trims that are ALL Z.E. 50, Play, Iconic, GT Line. Play: R110. Iconic: R110, R110 Rapid Charge, R135, R135 Rapid Charge. GT Line: R135, R135 Rapid Charge.
As stated elsewhere in this thread - Renault offer different trim levels in other countries. They are apparently offering the 41kW battery in the facelifted car to some of those markets.

Although it is a bit weird that the available capacity of the battery is something like 41 kWh. That's a lot of buffer.
Bjorn said that the ZE50 will do over-the-air updates. Maybe Renault will push a better battery profile out when they have more data on the car's performance?

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
It is nearly as badly mislabeled as the Tesla 85kWh battery :) - sounds like the ZE50 needs a BMS update, ~42kWh usable is really not on after the ZE40.
Maybe Renault need it to stop battery degradation claims in the future? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exactly, in Germany for example they offer the ZE40 with the new tech/screen etc.

(I am trying to add an screenshot, but this being my first post, the forum doesn't allow me to.)

source: Renault Zoe's Germany configurator translated with Google

·
Registered
138 Posts
As stated elsewhere in this thread - Renault offer different trim levels in other countries. They are apparently offering the 41kW battery in the facelifted car to some of those markets.
The unspecific and devoid of fact post I was replying to was showing a Union Flag against their name, that's why I specifically mentioned Renault UK. I'm fully aware that there are different offerings in different countries.

·
Registered
520 Posts
51kWh but only having 41/2 usable would go against everything Renault have done previously with the Zoe and considering the ZE40 has ~41 usable what would be the point?

I guess as pointed out - it's possible that the car tested here does have a 40kWh battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
51kWh but only having 41/2 usable would go against everything Renault have done previously with the Zoe and considering the ZE40 has ~41 usable what would be the point?

I guess as pointed out - it's possible that the car tested here does have a 40kWh battery.
"Problem" is that Bjorn tested it 3 times getting similar results...
It's probably easy to check checking the Renault's sticker in the door frame, as I guess this is similar as previous zoes?

example taken from a search engine of the ze40:

21 - 40 of 111 Posts