Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be some bug when the computer calculates the used KWh
maybe it also counts the kw regened?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes, regen from a previous cycle can carry over, but I think it's usually tagged as petrol.

Alternatively, you've recharged before depleting the previous charge fully?

[Edit] Correction, you've don't a (small) partial recharge?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
24,472 Posts
You will get different values for electricity used showing up when running the engine, depending on how the battery buffer has been filled and depleted during the cycles of engine running. It is not possible for the electronics to measure 'only' engine energy during regen, for example, how would you know what was being used for what if you have two power sources driving the powered axle and the generator? It makes an estimate, and you are looking at the outcome of that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just charged over night and drove during the day, no partial recharge

donald: the ECU knows where the power comes from, or so it shows on the display (my2013).
Of course it's an estimate

I drove pretty fast, with lots of regen (hilly area)

·
24,472 Posts
donald: the ECU knows where the power comes from, or so it shows on the display (my2013).
Of course it's an estimate
Not really, no that is not the problem.

The issue is that in CS2 mode the engine/MGA tie-up deliver torque and is connected to the road wheels via one side of a power split epicyclic, and MGB is connected to the other and recovers generated energy.

The issue is that neither the engine output nor the road load demand are known precisely.

Basically you have two inputs and two outputs.

If two bakers throw flour into a cake mixture and then two people eat the cake, it is not possible to say how much of each baker's flour that each person ends up eating. You can assume an average, but it is an assumption. If the bakers do not know how much each put in, and one puts more in than the other, then the cake-lovers will probably eat more flour of one than the other.

(In CS1 mode, where the power split is not active, then these things are known. In that case MGA generates (ergo the engine output is defined by the generator output) and the power delivery to the road is known (MGB output). The charge being generated for charging is therefore the difference, and this can then be accounted.)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but the ECU knows how much power is delivered to MGA.
And also should know how much power MGB recovers

·
24,472 Posts
but the ECU knows how much power is delivered to MGA.
Yes... but it doesn't know how much engine power has bypassed MGA and gone straight to the wheels. MGA and the road wheels are both connected to the engine crank (effectively) in CS2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts