Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a play with 11kW 3 phase charging on their ID.3? I presume it should show charging at about 42 miles per hour.

I really wish the cars displayed charging in kWh, having to do sums to work out a charging rate is tiresome particularly when it changes units from miles per hour to miles per minute and only gives the miles per minute figure to 1 digit accuracy. I presume the car works on 4 miles/ kWh as it says it's charging at 28 miles per hour from my 7kW home charger. For instance 5 miles per minute = 300 miles per hour and at 4 miles per kWh = 75 kW with a 20% accuracy as it only steps in complete digits - madness.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm not sure why it uses 4m/kwh when the wltp (for a 1st Ed anyway) is ~4.5m/kwh and the charger should be kicking out 7.5/7.6 kwh. I think it's a made up number and looses fidelity especially when it starts swapping between miles/hr and miles/min on the rapid chargers. In theory it should show you charging at ~34mph on a 7kwh EVSE.

It especially makes a mockery when I'm averaging 2.5/3 m/kwh in the winter and not the wltp(ish) number it seems to be referencing.

I'd personally like kwh as that's what I'm actually using but that's the result of the car being dumbed down for the mass market.

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
291 Posts
I tend to get around 39mph on the Tesco Podpoint 22kW charge I frequent, but it is usually early in the morning, with a cold car/battery - seems a bit mean to moan, as it's free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts