Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This finally arrived today & we're a wee bit starved of content lately so I thought I'd post (even though it is just a clip on cover):

Don't know about you, but the bare negative terminal block on the 12v battery annoys me as it's the only bare block visible in the engine bay.

You'll need a 10 & 12mm socket.

The cable attached to the rectangular terminal needs needs to be teased about 5mm further through the cable clip than originally fitted to allow the terminal to sit in its new position:

(Alternately you could loosen the earthing bolt terminal at the BOTTOM of same cable and rotate it anti-clock to get you the fit required, bigger job though.)

Then the rectangular terminal can be rotated -45 degrees:

Then it just clips over (once the negative block has been reassembled):

To be clear, I disconnected the entire negative block, then the positive, moved the rectangular negative terminal to its new position & secured, then reconnected positive then negative.
I take no responsibility if you break your car!

Notes / thoughts:
Clips over & seats firmly, no bulges, bends, straining etc
It's not flush with the top of the battery like the positive cover, but that's because the bolt on the negative post clamp is too long. Has all the appropriate cut-outs.
Not same material as OEM terminal cover, but it's not filmsy or brittle & seems sturdy enough, with no plastic flashing/overspill present.
It's marked internally for the Rowe RX8, as per the listing.
No reason SAIC/MG couldn't have fitted at factory for pennies a unit.
Took exactly 4 weeks to arrive.

9/10 with a point lost for a different plastic than OEM & I guess the Haynes manual would call this a 2 spanner job.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,386 Posts
Don't know about you, but the bare negative terminal block on the 12v battery annoys me as it's the only bare block visible in the engine bay.
I found the cover for mine laying down the back of the battery with the wire passing through it. It was quite a wiggle to get it into place, but it didn't take long. Looks like someone in quality control missed it. o_O

Edit: OOps. Just had a quick look at mine. That wasn't the cover for the negative terminal. It was the one for the positive.:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts