Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
281 - 300 of 421 Posts

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,844 Posts
Yup all done same day and have dual climate now too with 2.4

Also had update waiting when I got home but will not try it until 45 min drive tomorrow evening....what could it be?

View attachment 165151
It tells you if you scroll down a bit?! 😂

It’s just some updated info/instructions with pictures for when the 3.0 OTA update lands.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It tells you if you scroll down a bit?! 😂

It’s just some updated info/instructions with pictures for when the 3.0 OTA update lands.
When I scrolled down it just informed me that the update would download when I clicked "update" and would continue to download the next time I drove the car (hence doing it today).

However just been out in the car and it's disappeared now. :mad:

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,844 Posts
When I scrolled down it just informed me that the update would download when I clicked "update" and would continue to download the next time I drove the car (hence doing it today).

It’ll be back I’m sure, either that or it installed in a blink, it was a very small update.

·
Registered
129 Posts

That happened to me, it came back and installed while I was driving and then after a restart I had the WeCharge App and the update that is needed for future OTA updates.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That happened to me, it came back and installed while I was driving and then after a restart I had the WeCharge App and the update that is needed for future OTA updates.
yeah i installed it yesterday and it took about 15 mins of driving before it was installed. didn't see anything obvious but might check the App now - although part of me thinks it downloaded that ages ago.

edit: Yup We charge App - thanks Spud. why they couldn't tell me what the update was IDK. Still only 9 months left in the ID3 - C40 on the way

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
So having had my July 15th update cancelled by Inchcape Stockport (as they hadn’t done any then…) I phoned up today to re-arrange.

November 28th was the earliest appointment they had!! 😱 with or without car.

thankfully they managed to book me in for late Sept at their Trafford centre (same distance for me). Just one day. With car.

just as well I chased it up rather than carry on waiting for my rearranged appointment….

·
Registered
41 Posts
So having had my July 15th update cancelled by Inchcape Stockport (as they hadn’t done any then…) I phoned up today to re-arrange.

November 28th was the earliest appointment they had!! 😱 with or without car.

thankfully they managed to book me in for late Sept at their Trafford centre (same distance for me). Just one day. With car.

just as well I chased it up rather than carry on waiting for my rearranged appointment….
Trafford branch did it in 7 hours for me. No issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm now getting intermittent automatic light faults which disappear when turning the car off. Seems to have started after 2.4 update. Anyone else have this issue?

OK now the dynamic sign recognition is also failing. This seems familiar to when the 2.3 ota came. Nothing showing though as downloading

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just spoken to my local dealer who have told me they cannot do Friday at 8am as I had arranged in the website, the next available booking would be 26th January! This is the Hedge End, Southampton dealer.
I am booked into the same dealer on 25th of this month. They called me 15/07/22 to ask if I was aware of the campaign and to get me booked in. It could have been done earlier, but I needed a courtesy car.

What was their reason for not being able to do it as arranged?

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,844 Posts
Nearly 3 weeks now since 2.4 (aka 0912) update, however still no sign of 3.0 being pushed to the id3. Any views on this ANYONE lol.
It’s only just starting in Germany, a few batches of cars at a time apparently, I don’t think the UK is due to start just yet, but should be soon assuming all goes well in Germany.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Max
6 Posts
I am booked into the same dealer on 25th of this month. They called me 15/07/22 to ask if I was aware of the campaign and to get me booked in. It could have been done earlier, but I needed a courtesy car.

What was their reason for not being able to do it as arranged?
No real explanation given, just simply that the website was wrong.

I'm now booked in at Portsmouth dealer for 10th November.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I booked my id.3 into Arnold Clark VW Glasgow North using the online form from VW. A day or so later I thought, I'll phone em and check they received this and have a courtesy car for me. They had received nothing. I rebooked over the phone for the 8th Aug, 2+ weeks in the future at that time.

I handed in my car at 8am on 8th and picked up my courtesy Polo. 2 day booking. I got a call 3 hours later to say the update had failed due to a reported Air Conditioner error, that they'd seen that error before and had 2 cars on site waiting for software from VW to fix the error. Could I please hand my Polo back before 5pm.

I'm now waiting to see when or if I get called back. Holding my breath, I'm not.

281 - 300 of 421 Posts