Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I never had an issue with the 12V battery in my first Model S (24k miles / 17 months when I traded it in, driven locally every day with occasional long trips).

Fairly sure Tesla consider it a warranty item just like any other, not a consumable.

Worth noting that (in the UK at least) TM include all the consumables (wiper blades, filters, brake pads, fluids) within the cost of a service. Tyres, alas, you always have to pay for.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
When we ordered our car the service plan stated that pads were included which amused me as the pads should last years given the level of regen braking. About the time our car arrived (mid March) the service plan pricing was revised (i.e. Increased) and the statement that pads were included was omitted. It now states "As an electric car, even brake pad replacements are rare...." but there is no mention of them being included.
They are now explicitly excluded: "Your brakes will be inspected. If the brake pads are outside of recommended specifications, they can be replaced for an additional charge."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.