Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all ID3’s have a 12v socket in the the boot/trunk??
I think the 1st Edition does (and only there not inside the car).
I guess it’s a ‘standard’ VW approach.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
3,365 Posts
There is only a 12v socket in the boot, that will cause me a bit of a problem.

I have three item that use a 12v socket, tyre inflater, car vacuum. And my garage door opener.

The tyre inflater and car vacuum leads would be not be long enough, so it looks like I will have to get a 12v socket extension lead.

The garage opener is a different matter, to be able to use it I will have to get a USB-c to USB adapter and a USB to 12v lead. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-...d=1&keywords=usb+to+12v&qid=1607073365&sr=8-3

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Bit of a shame there isn't a 12V aux socket in front centre console. Didn't see one when I sat in mine in showroom, could have missed it though. Anything isnide glovebox? Ioniq has 2 12V auxs, perfect to put gge door opener in one, and a 12V meter with LED-readout in the other to keep an eye on what the battery's up to during driving/standby etc. I wonder if it's possible to modify it; I'm feeling yet-another 3D printed clip-on thingy needs making to fix this oversight somehow...

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of the plug in battery tester as well. I will use it in the boot 12v socket most days methinks until ME2!.
And before I drive off after picking up my car from the dealer next week!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts