Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been offered a 13 reg tekna with 5000 miles for 15k but it only has the 3.3kw charger is this a problem

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A 6.6kw charger is very handy, the problem is finding a car specced with it. I would definitely recommend specing it if I was buying new.

But in my case I am traveling 50 miles per day on my commute. It is very rare that I have to travel 30+ miles when I get home. If there is a need I will give my car a quick rapid charge to 80% and plug in when I get home ready for later on.

Basically if your doing more than 80 miles a day with the ability to carry out destination charges through the day I would recommend searching for a 6.6kw. If not buy the 3.3kw tekna. Sounds like a bargain.

Nissan missed a trick on the gen 2 they really should have made 6.6kw a standard.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im actually a car dealer and sick of paying for fuel lol
i had on on extended test drive and loved it basically i may have a 77 mile commute but im able to charge all day before my return journey but i also have two rapids on route so the distance is not a problem, dont want new because its £23490 this one for 15k will end up at £12333 as i can claim the vat back

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
No brainer then. £15k is a very good price for that tekna. Also due to you charging all day 3.3kw will do just fine.

You will save a hell of alot of money by not filling up with petrol.

Previously I was spending near the £200 a month mark on a 50mpg diesel.

Now I'm spending £40ish a month on electric. Debating if I should switch to economy 7 tariff...

·
Registered
385 Posts
I understood that as VAT on a secondhand car is on the seller's profit (selling minus buying price) companies cannot claim it back as that would make the seller's profit public. Well that is how the VAT inspector explained it to me when I tried to claim. Of course being the selling dealer is different.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No if its a demo it will be what they call vat qualifying and the vehicle will be for sale so i can claim the vat back but i will have to charge when i sell it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts