Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If, like me, you had requested the 13A charger and have been told it's on back order, I have been informed that your dealer may be requesting the wrong part number. If you ask for part number 1EA971675D they should have it in stock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ELECTRIC CHARGING CABLE(230V 1AC) - UK (6 METRE)This 230V AC 6 metre charging cable enables you to charge your ID.3 at home without the need for a wallbox, or anywhere else with a standard domestic UK plug socket (within parking distance). Charge times will be longer than on fast or rapid chargers due to the lower KW rating on a standard plug socket.Part Number: 000054412E£215.00

Is the above the wrong part then? that's what's listed in the accessory brochure?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ELECTRIC CHARGING CABLE(230V 1AC) - UK (6 METRE)This 230V AC 6 metre charging cable enables you to charge your ID.3 at home without the need for a wallbox, or anywhere else with a standard domestic UK plug socket (within parking distance). Charge times will be longer than on fast or rapid chargers due to the lower KW rating on a standard plug socket.Part Number: 000054412E£215.00

Is the above the wrong part then? that's what's listed in the accessory brochure?
Yes, the other part number is in the brochure so that’s the one everyone orders. The other one is all but identical. I’m not sure what the difference is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 13A - type 2 granny lead for sale on here (and matching type-2 lead) both of which have OEM VW part numbers.... ping me if you want a bargain.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
456 Posts
Has anyone got a proven amazon granny cable recommendation for the ID3??
Thanks.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,527 Posts
I'm not sure about proven, but there is a cheap granny cable available from Screwfix:
This one is 5m cable, and they also offer it with 10m cable.

Reactions: OB1CCFC

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,686 Posts
If, like me, you had requested the 13A charger and have been told it's on back order, I have been informed that your dealer may be requesting the wrong part number. If you ask for part number 1EA971675D they should have it in stock.
The parts department have mine in now. I will post the details after I collect it on Monday.

I am happy to pay VW prices as my last one was my only way to charge my outgoing Golf GTE for 3 1/2 years and was actually switched on continuously for 90% of that time. No problems!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,665 Posts
I'm not sure about proven, but there is a cheap granny cable available from Screwfix:
This one is 5m cable, and they also offer it with 10m cable.
I was about to post the same, but they only seem to have Type 1 units available now.

I would have said go with them as it would be easy to return if it went wrong.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,527 Posts
I was about to post the same, but they only seem to have Type 1 units available now.

I would have said go with them as it would be easy to return if it went wrong.
Yep, just checked availability for the Type 2.... all out. Sorry.

Reactions: OB1CCFC

·
Registered
4,719 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
456 Posts
Thankfully my local vw dealer looked around and found a 6m granny cable for me. Good service actually .
Had a long chat with them. Very unhappy how VW doesn't train them on ID3, they diagnose everything from Germany. Also, unhappy how some dealers seem to get special dispensation re price cuts. They didn’t. Hence lost our trade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts