Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So early in the new year my family and I have to make a trip to Cardiff for the day. If we were going for a few days I would of taken the Leaf, but as we are there and back in a day I decided to book an ICE car from Nissan as part of their Care-ev program. I had already agreed the car hire before Nissan launched the program as my dealer is VERY pro EV. So does anyone want to guess what car I was offered? No not a Micra, not even a Quashqai, but a full blown Pathfinder! Second to the GTR this has to be the most UN Leaf car Nissan make. I have said a Quashqai or a Juke will do but am happy if Pathfinder is all they have! Will report back to see how it goes!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I pick up my ICE car for the day tomorrow. Was offered either a Pathfinder or a diesel Note. Took the Note as don't really need the space or fuel consumption of the SUV for this trip. Although given weather maybe Pathfinder might of been a good choice?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So picked up the Note. Quite a nice little car. Forgot about using a clutch to put car in gear, declined a Shell station loyalty card and when I got a quizical look, explained that I had an Electric car and this was only a rental!

Still 75mpg not bad for an ICE. Looking forward to getting the Leaf back!

·
Registered
74 Posts
After a mess-up getting my leaf, it's been on order since December, the dealer loaned me a note, 1.2 top of the range, after driving a 14 yr old Ford Galaxy 2.3 it's like I'm driving on air,£28 to fill the tank and 300 odd miles! The galaxy was £110 to fill and 250-300 miles round town!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like the Note, you're going to Love your Leaf!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The note is amazing, the guys at my dealership were a bit vague on the Leaf, I ordered, paid and have a V5 and a tax disc for the Leaf.......never driven one! I don't think they sell enough! After driving a tank around for years I think a go-cart would be an upgrade!!! My monthly running costs for my journeys in a galaxy are £20 more expensive than my employer loan, battery lease and insurance!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just ticked over 1000 miles and I reckon it has cost IRO £19 in elec so far, including the odd free top up from Ecotricity rapid chargers. Whats the hold up with your car?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unsure, something about manufacture delays. So they found me a car with satnav and fast charger. £1500 upgrades for free, after a misquote on the price I got a really good deal anyway.I work for local council and need car for work, they have agreed to pay for the car and I repay, interest rate amazing, so with minimal interest, upgrades and low price I did really well, I have a public charging point opposite my house in a free car park, my employer has said I don't need to pay for parking when charging in local authority car parks.

The most confusing part is I am paid per mile when carrying out work duties, 36.3p per mile for a 500cc-1800cc standard car, after coming clean about my electric car they are deciding if I should be allowed this rate!

I've thrown the finance department into chaos!!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
So far as I'm aware HMRC recently said that EVs and hybrids etc are the same base rate as other cars for mileage allowance. This is because they want to encourage uptake and that it's not just for "fuel" it's for wear and tear etc. Don't have a link at the moment though, Google probably does? :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Think they are going down that route, if I get the 36.3p per mile after charing in one of their chargers, that will be an interesting profit! :) well contribution to the battery lease!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts