Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A list of 150kW Chargers at BP Filling Stations.

• BP Cranford Hounslow, 2 Burns Way, Hounslow, Cranford, TW5 9BA
  • BP Chargemaster installations centre, Beech Lane, Skylon View, Hereford Enterprise Zone, Hereford, HR2 6FG
  • BP Malpas Sf Connect, Malpas Road, Newport, NP20 6NF
  • BP, Cuckoo Farm Way, Mile End, Colchester, CO4 5XY
  • BP Emsworth, A27, Westbound, Emsworth, PO10 7RB
  • BP Gerrards Cross, Oxford Road, Gerrards Cross, SL9 7RD
  • BP Flyover, 171 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8BJ
  • BP Milton Heights, Sutton Courtenay Milton Heights, Abingdon, OX14 4TX
  • BP Bagshot, 40 London Road, Bagshot, GU19 5HL
  • BP Boreham, Colchester Road, Chelmsford, CM2 5PY

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,524 Posts
A list of 150kW Chargers at BP Filling Stations.

• BP Cranford Hounslow, 2 Burns Way, Hounslow, Cranford, TW5 9BA
  • BP Chargemaster installations centre, Beech Lane, Skylon View, Hereford Enterprise Zone, Hereford, HR2 6FG
  • BP Malpas Sf Connect, Malpas Road, Newport, NP20 6NF
  • BP, Cuckoo Farm Way, Mile End, Colchester, CO4 5XY
  • BP Emsworth, A27, Westbound, Emsworth, PO10 7RB
  • BP Gerrards Cross, Oxford Road, Gerrards Cross, SL9 7RD
  • BP Flyover, 171 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 8BJ
  • BP Milton Heights, Sutton Courtenay Milton Heights, Abingdon, OX14 4TX
  • BP Bagshot, 40 London Road, Bagshot, GU19 5HL
  • BP Boreham, Colchester Road, Chelmsford, CM2 5PY
So, are these accessed with Polar?

I'm kinda getting confused. There's Shell-something-I'm-not-sure-tried-once-didn't-work, Shell with Genie, Shell with Instavolt, so I have no expectation BP will be different and any more obvious?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are these accessed with Polar?

I'm kinda getting confused. There's Shell-something-I'm-not-sure-tried-once-didn't-work, Shell with Genie, Shell with Instavolt, so I have no expectation BP will be different and any more obvious?
Hi, for BP - read Polar.

BP bought out the Polar Network quite some time ago.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I posted in the general discussions section yesterday about developments at BP. I had a discussion with a maintenance contracts manager for BP yesterday and we got onto the topic of chargers. He told me that he had contracts to put in place the infrastructure for 150Kw chargers at over 100 BP retail outlets by Q3 this year. There is a significant amount of infrastructure to go in including dedicated substations to handle the 300+ amps required.

BP Malpas road is often broken and is very expensive considering that you can go a couple of extra miles to the Holiday Inn at the Coldra and it is much cheaper. In fact, when it is working, there is a polar charger on the other side of the Coldra roundabout, at a different hotel, that chargers a small access charge on the rapid and is then listed as free.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Malpas Road is listed as a 150kw and Coldra as 50kw. Oddly, I got about 32kw at Malpas and generally 47kw at Coldra. If that isn't an infrastructure issue I don't know what is.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I quite like the Coldra one. It does boot me off after 30 mins or so each time I use it but the hotel does a nice panini and is no more expensive than motorway services. Malpas does cheap hot drinks if you are charging. Not bad really.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Any if these mythical chargers located outside of the South East.

How about a couple for Cornwall, even one for Wales.

Ok, one for Wales might be a bit excessive!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,524 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Malpas is outskirts of Newport, Gwent.
That is nice to know that Wales has not been left out on the list.
I live in Wales, but as the charger is about 180 miles away, I don't think I could benefit from it's use really 😢.
Wales is lagging behind with installing charging infrastructure.
A lot of area's in Mid Wales are regarded as "Dead Zone" when it comes to charges and internet / phone coverage.
A beautiful part of the country that is extremely hard to visit in an electric car.
It's a real shame that only fossil cars are offered access to help pollute the climate.
Scotland have done a much better job of making there attractions and stunning scenery available to EV drivers.
The Welsh government still believe that there is a future in providing hydrogen filling stations.
They will spend a small fortune in carrying out numerous feasibility studies on the subject, then final drop the idea in favour of electric charging stations.
Some people just love to waste money.
Listen to the people !.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts