Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evidently Tesla have pushed out some updates to cars/SCs across Europe, with the result that at lots of larger SC sites (those with private transformers) people are now getting up to 150kW on existing cars - and not just the very newest ones or those with 100kWh packs - there are reports of 90s and even 85s getting these much higher charging rates.

The in-car nav screen has updated charging powers (looks like pretty much everything has been bumped up to 130kW from 120kW, and then around half of the sites have gone up to 150kW.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
It’s a pan-Europe thing apparently:

I’ll look forward to trying this out in a few week’s time.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fastest speed I've seen a photo of so far in the UK is 148kW, and what's surprising is that cars (especially those with 100kWh packs) are holding those very high charge rates over a surprisingly wide state of charge.

Also a (reasonably credible) rumour has it that the new SC under construction adjacent to Tesla's Park Royal Service Centre in West London is going to be the first Supercharger V3 (250kW) site outside the US.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the highest UK Model 3 SR+ anyone has seen yet?
Model 3 SR+ is limited to 100kW in software. It is unclear whether this is temporary but obviously people are hoping that it is.

Logically it should be - the M3LR can do 250kW so the SR+ should still be able to match any MS/MX.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Model 3 SR+ is limited to 100kW in software. It is unclear whether this is temporary but obviously people are hoping that it is.

Logically it should be - the M3LR can do 250kW so the SR+ should still be able to match any MS/MX.
My thinking is that they limited the charging speed in the SR so as to get more people buying the long range. I am expecting them to remove this limit when Superchargers V3 is common and hence the LR can charge much faster, so keeping "clear water" between the two models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts