Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone have any tekna alloys for the 24kwh/30kwh leaf? Preferably with tyres. My wife hits around a curb stone a year (3 this year) and it is costing me a lot of time and money so am after a couple of back up wheels or a whole set! The car is in a safe lay-by right now with its 3rd in under a year!! The other alloys are dented and scratched, one severely which gives the car a nice vibration. Will pick up if near enough to me (few hours) in Wiltshire.

I may move to Juke wheels if none are about as they seem plentiful (but would need 5+ then!).
Thanks in advance guys!

And if anyone would like to console me that would be nice too. Its a 2014 bought new and it looks like the 206 from the old elephant ad. No more new cars for wifey!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would buy her a set of steelies with clip-on trims - and store the alloys until it's time to sell the car on.
Unfortunately the alloys are 3/10 quality already! Plus the car is in poor cosmetic shape inside and out. Am planning on keeping it until the scrap man comes calling. Or maybe I could turn it in to a static home battery when car life is over. Battery is still quite good!

·
Registered
528 Posts
If it's kerbed at a walking pace while parking up, then isn't it just cosmetic? If kerbing at any speed, it could be doing damage to the steering, and knock the alignment off. That can lead to issues with uneven tyre wear unless alignment is fixed. . I agree with @Hitstirrer - consider steel rims. What is the root cause of all the kerbing? Are wing mirrors set correctly??

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,383 Posts
Am planning on keeping it until the scrap man comes calling.
Might as well buy 16inch or even steel wheels then. Cheaper tyres, less chance of kerbing and better ride quality.

Only reason I can see to go for larger wheels is for the showroom/driveway appeal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The existing wheels should be repairable easily enough.
I could show photos of dents in my BMW 19 inch alloys that would make your hair curl, they were repaired back to as new.
Dents in alloys aren't a problem, I think people assume they are.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went ahead with 4 old quasqai wheels(16"). Just put them on and they are actually a little bigger with the tyre wall than the 17" tekna alloys. They fouled on some internal plastic trim which i took off with a pen knife! Ride is now much smoother and they don't look too bad either. I have some 17" tekna alloys (scratched) with three very good tyres on them too if anyone is keen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts