Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody find a source of 18 inch wheel trims suitable for the life model?

My attempts to apply vinyl to the standard blank silver wheel trims has been a bit disastrous so far. The only alternative would be to paint them to match the Volkswagen version below, which are £53 each!

I briefly considered the Tesla aero covers as they are 18 inch, but they have completely different fixings. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't remember where I saw it now, but in one of the videos I watched I think they said the wheels and wheel covers are a completely new and different fixing design. I think you'll be lucky to find any for sale from third parties yet.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember where I saw it now, but in one of the videos I watched I think they said the wheels and wheel covers are a completely new and different fixing design. I think you'll be lucky to find any for sale from third parties yet.
I admit it’s been a few years since I had a car with wheel covers rather than alloys, but the steel rims and covers looked pretty standard to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This site in Germany sells them and says they can deliver to UK. Thinking of doing this when my Tech arrives next year.
They also list the part number (10A601147B WZG), not sure if a VW dealer could order them for you?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This site in Germany sells them and says they can deliver to UK. Thinking of doing this when my Tech arrives next year.
They also list the part number (10A601147B WZG), not sure if a VW dealer could order them for you?
Thanks. I'm guessing these are the ones which are £53 each. I wonder how much the plain ones are?

Edit: £158 for a set of 4 delivered isn't bad actually...

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In a classic case of impulse buying, I have ordered from this company. I'll post pics when they arrive!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,384 Posts
In a classic case of impulse buying, I have ordered from this company. I'll post pics when they arrive!
I’m glad you did, I was half tempted to get a set to fit to some steel wheels for my winter setup.

I think I’m going to hold off until spring though, and make sure VW come good on the software updates, and then maybe see if I can either pick up a set of alloys or some steel wheels. These are the trims I’d get if the latter though. 👍

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did anybody order any of these in the end?
I ordered some from Germany, but then they cancelled it as DHL stopped delivering to the UK for a while. I’ll waiting until I’m actually driving the car before I think of ordering again.

·
Registered
ID3 Pro Performance Business
39 Posts
Well this changes everything! New wheels are sadly a little lower on my priority list of things that need to be spent at the moment but if I could get the id4 trims for my id3 I'd be very happy with those

1 - 20 of 163 Posts