Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has caused many a discussion - but I rapid charged on one of the new Polar / BP Chargemaster 150kW chargers today - which stated the CHAdeMO connector was 100kW and was able to get 71kW peak. Great that BP are rolling out these rapid charge points across the country and Leaf owners are not being left behind on slower 50kWh speeds.

So I stopped and charged at the new 150kW Polar / BP Chargemaster station at BP Milton Connect Didcot today. Great news is that my '69 Leaf e+ charged at 71kW peak, and the station physically says 100kW on it!

Glad to finally debunk the myth that Leaf's cannot charge at >50kW. Battery got pretty toasty though, finished at 44.9c. To note, I had rapid charged earlier in the journey @44.60kWh average for 30 mins. So this was the second rapid after a 77 mile drive.

I got 35.47kW in 31 minutes - so an average of 68.65kWh.

View attachment 132257
View attachment 132259 View attachment 132258
My e+ is the 'newer' UK version with the rear USB ports if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hi @Maui thanks for posting this information, brilliant news, the fact that they removed 100Kw charging from the brochure doesn't mean that they have removed the facility from the car. That's an excellent charging rate over 30 mins and its amazing really, how cool the battery is keeping with no active cooling, from memory I think that temperature gauge goes into the red at 49c so still well in the white area and second rapid of the day. Hey Ho.

What we need now is the roll out of more 100Kw CHAdeMO chargers.

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
700 Posts
Bit annoying the new MK HQ ones aren't as fast then, have heard they're not up to full power yet as still in testing phase.. I got max of 47Kw on my e+ with average of 41Kw over an hour..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts