Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is not a thread about "Where is my car with 19s!?!?".

More a discussion on why we think there is such a hold up.

I'd like to know people's opinions on why they think there is a delay. Also why they have been removed from the M3 spec builder as an option but are still available in pretty much every other market.

I have just read this article by electrek and think that maybe the new aero 19" wheels that are being used in China might have something to do with it but it doesn't explain why they are then still available in other markets.

https://electrek.co/2019/10/11/tesla-new-model-3-sports-aerodynamic-wheels-china/#more-105858

I'd be interested to know other people's thoughts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Apart from the initial couple of weeks in the U.K., 19" wheels are not available in RHD markets. Some were delivered in the initial batch. I suspect most who had initially specced 19" wheels changed their configuration for a P- or P+ when the price dropped. I cannot explain Tesla's reasoning behind not fulfilling orders/making them available in RHD markets.

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just intrigued as to why. There has to be a reason that is UK specific if they are still selling them elsewhere.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have been on about this for a while now, 19" alloys available all over the continent, why not us? Anybody got a logical guess as to why?

I have an SR+ white/white 19" on order since July, nothing yet, might accept aero's soon and then go to France and buy the alloys from there, maybe even the new Chinese alloys will take over.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On a separate thread, 19" sport wheels are apparently readily available in the UK. Apparently, they have it, just didn't want you to have it with the car.

Reactions: Sparkalicious

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
A bit of lateral marketing thinking needed. There is a glut of Aero Wheels, so they just say the 19" sports are not available. Folk will order with the Aeros instead, then lo and behold then there are 19" sports available separately. Those with the Aeros that wanted the sports will now buy a set of sports and Tesla will have sold a set of Aero's (with the car) and a set of sports. Genius.

·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the thinking but...
I think it's more of, there was a shortage of 19"s, remove them from website. New batch of 19"s are now in and now there are plenty. The rims probably get here earlier than the car as they don't have to wait to be attached to one.
So if that's the case the coming boats should have the 19" backlog covered. Once cleared I'd expect 19"s to be put back on the options list.
Well that's what I'm hoping anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts