Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anyone given access to the 1st movers club who purchased a 1st Edition car but didn't pre-order?

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
314 Posts
Not as far as I know (I have a 1st bought from stock)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,685 Posts
I think it was only pre-order folks who stuck with it until the first deliveries got the 1st Mover club membership.

They got a pretty raw deal I think, paying list price or thereabouts, and I’m not sure what other benefits they got.

The £500 charging credit was still with any 1st Ed, although I think VW UK has made those who’ve complained some compensatory payments to reflect the fact they got no discount.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
314 Posts
I think VW UK has made those who’ve complained some compensatory payments to reflect the fact they got no discount.
VW have been making goodwill gesture payments to those who bought before the November 6th deals kicked in - but only if you raise a case with VW UK, it's not a blanket thing.

Payments seem to be a set £500 for cash or lease, and £1000 for PCP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, has anyone had any success in locating which department within VW UK are dealing with this, I have spoken to customer services and they know nothing and are asking my retailer to contact me to discuss the matter.
With regards to the “first movers club” we tried to get on it but never could, even the retailer has used his internal system to try to get information about getting us on - without success.
Like all first movers we paid our £750 and waited 18 months for what the dealer described as a “fully loaded” wonder to appear, I then had to pay for floor mats, bumper protector, boot liner and then the second level boot floor and granny charger, now my original boot liner doesn’t fit and I need to buy another for the raised boot floor.

Lesson learnt - never again will i pre order a new car when 4 weeks after purchase I see the 1st edition on Car-Wow for less than £30k

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sounds like some expensive socks to me!

I wonder what all the price fluctuation will do to residuals as well. VW are known for holding value pretty well traditionally, but the ID.3 discounts are closer to those you’d associate with French manufacturers whose cars tend to depreciate heavily. Guess it doesn’t matter to anyone on a lease now, but future VW leasing costs may go up.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Similar thing happened to the Mk7 R. Lease prices were absurdly low (like less than £300 a month and even rumours of £199 a month in places). Doesn't seem to have affected the forecourt prices too much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Similar thing happened to the Mk7 R. Lease prices were absurdly low (like less than £300 a month and even rumours of £199 a month in places). Doesn't seem to have affected the forecourt prices too much.
Agree - had no impact at all long term...in fact Mk7 R used prices have been going up quite considerably recently (for good ones) since the launch of the Mk8...even with those ridiculously low priced deals having been around at launch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well that made very good use of my time.
With minimum fuss and without even speaking on the phone I get a emailed reply today advising that the executive office have been authorised to offer a £500 refund, the dealer will be in touch to arrange the payment.
I would suggest anyone with a ID.3 who hasn’t put in a request does so.

Thank you to Scott28tt for the heads up.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
314 Posts
Well that made very good use of my time.
With minimum fuss and without even speaking on the phone I get a emailed reply today advising that the executive office have been authorised to offer a £500 refund, the dealer will be in touch to arrange the payment.
I would suggest anyone with a ID.3 who hasn’t put in a request does so.

Thank you to Scott28tt for the heads up.
Glad to know you got a good outcome.

This relates specifically to the offers which launched on November 6th, rather than anyone with an ID.3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts