Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first service done at 12600 miles. Car valet £159.00
Apparently they extended/ renewed my AA membership for a year ?? Despite the fact I have nissan assist.
When I booked it in they mentioned this in the call, I asked why? And Said I have Nissan assist?
The call was taken over by someone else who said there was a technical issue with the call?
So I just ignored the AA bit and carried on with the booking.
Picking up the car they mentioned the AA extension again, which I didn't comment on.
So what do I have? Nissan Assist or AA or both?
Just seems to be a script they have.
Why do I feel I was just robbed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nissan assist is provided by the AA (or sub contractors where needed)
For your £159 you got:
  1. A vehicle safety check over
  2. A HV battery check (required for warranty)
  3. Screen wash top up
  4. Vehicle recovery extended for 1 year, extended each year when serviced at Nissan.
  5. Final drive oil level check
  6. Coolant check
  7. Brake fluid check
  8. Pollen filter replacement

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
132 Posts
Herewith is the confusion - when I broke down and had to request Nissan Assistance, I got the RAC out!!

Also, the fact that having the car service adds +1 year Nissan assistance is actually incorrectly publicised by Nissan. All new Nissan cars are supplied with 3 years of Nissan assistance as part of the new car warranty by default. The only benefit of this service provision is after the 3 year warranty expires.

Back in the day (when I got my first LEAF), the first year service cost was GBP 99.00. Although the service cost is “cheaper” than a petrol or diesel, it is still over priced for the works carried out.

There are a number of threads on this topic...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Herewith is the confusion - when I broke down and had to request Nissan Assistance, I got the RAC out!!

Also, the fact that having the car service adds +1 year Nissan assistance is actually incorrectly publicised by Nissan. All new Nissan cars are supplied with 3 years of Nissan assistance as part of the new car warranty by default. The only benefit of this service provision is after the 3 year warranty expires.

Back in the day (when I got my first LEAF), the first year service cost was GBP 99.00. Although the service cost is “cheaper” than a petrol or diesel, it is still over priced for the works carried out.

There are a number of threads on this topic...
That was my point, they were extending something I already had, the Nissan Assist.
I guess they just go through a script, and they seemed upset when I questioned it?
I went through with the service purely for the service history (stamp).
Hence my baulking at the cost of a basic checklist of items and a short video of the underside of my car.
The checklist and inspection report missed a small dent on one of the doors and a scratch on one of the alloys, although did mention "Alloys wet and dirty", well they would be it was 3 inches snow here that morning 😁.

Replacement cabin filter £25.00
screen wash?? £1.00 ?

Sincerely hope independents get up to speed with EV servicing

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
When my 40kWh broke down (dreaded dead cells fault !) in 2019, I rang the Nissan Assist number, didn't notice who said they were in response but was picked up (quickly & efficiently I must say) by a local contractor. Alas, service went downhill fast after they took car to nearest Nissan dealer with an EV technician but who ignored car for 2 weeks !

On a slightly different tack, does anyone know whether Nissan Assist stays valid for whole of three year warranty period or lapses if you exercise right to have book stamped by a non-franchised garage ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts