Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the EV world just recently stumbled upon the concept as I was browsing for my next potential vehicle purchase. So as I'm new to the EV scene, I've been doing my research and watching a lot of youtube videos and I've come to settle on a potential buy. The Nissan leaf caught my attention when I was comparing it to a 2017 fiat 500e and a 2016 Volkswagen e-golf. A local dealer has a used 2017 nissan leaf s with around 6,000 miles for around $13,000. Now the whole reason for this post, is this a good price for a first used EV? What was the price of your first EV (including year and make)?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi
I'm afraid that this site has mostly UK based contributors, so our prices etc are not going to be relevant for you. Also, we never got the 500e over here.
To answer your question, my first EV was a battery owned Renault Zoe ZE40 in 2017, and it cost just over £17,000 (brand new). I don't think the US got the Zoe, which is a shame, because it's a good small EV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah I noticed after I posted that most posters were from the UK. I appreciate the feed back none the less.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 2020
25 Posts
True we didn't get the 500e but I believe that was a compliance car anyway so you're probably best staying away from that one :whistle:.

In terms of second hand pricing both mine were Zoe's too.

First one bought in 2018 was a 2015 22kwh model at around £7-8k

Second one was in 2019, a 2017 41kwh model at around £13k.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the EV world just recently stumbled upon the concept as I was browsing for my next potential vehicle purchase. So as I'm new to the EV scene, I've been doing my research and watching a lot of youtube videos and I've come to settle on a potential buy. The Nissan leaf caught my attention when I was comparing it to a 2017 fiat 500e and a 2016 Volkswagen e-golf. A local dealer has a used 2017 nissan leaf s with around 6,000 miles for around $13,000. Now the whole reason for this post, is this a good price for a first used EV? What was the price of your first EV (including year and make)?
Seems very cheap, but it's an old (ugly) shape and is only 30kWh. But if it fits your requirements on range then go for it. Mine were either leased or new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts