Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a very happy 2 months so far with the Leaf my wifes ICE car needed petrol. So reluctantly I went to the Petrol station. It honestly felt like a step back in time. Lots of people queuing, standing in the cold, paying over the odds for old technology. I timed it and it took nearly 10 mins from joining the queue to leaving.

I put a couple of gallons in, as it very rarely gets used and we are getting rid next month and it cost £13! This will get the car about 130 miles. I have had our Leaf 2 months and 900 miles and it has cost me about this much in Elec.

Anyway rant over! Happy new year to you all!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
As we're ICE free for the past few months I don't envy you. The last time my wife filled up her car I went along in the LEAF (she was dropping it off) and the looks I got parked up in the warm while others filled their cars with £££s of fuel were quite amusing to say the least.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Haven't had to go to a petrol station in over a month now,(Except for the one that has the rapid charger in the carpark!)it's weird getting into a Diesel Van I only have to use occasionally with a clutch,and I rarely look at the petrol prices anymore!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts