1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spotted in existing inventory.

Listed as new but has over 11000 miles with FSD for less than £40K

Interesting to see and next year a possible SR+ under £30K

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Will FSD and such be removed though as there has been rumblings that these are user items and not locked to the car? Ie the user pays for them and when the car is sold onto a new user, they have to pay to have them re-enabled...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Will FSD and such be removed though as there has been rumblings that these are user items and not locked to the car? Ie the user pays for them and when the car is sold onto a new user, they have to pay to have them re-enabled...
Not the case if it's a private sale.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not true.
Interesting, what makes you so sure out of interest?

Free supercharging for life has been removed by Tesla, if sold by Tesla.

Look at Richard Symons text when he is advertising his cars, basically saying, he can't guarantee that features won't be removed by Tesla

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Interesting, what makes you so sure out of interest?

Free supercharging for life has been removed by Tesla, if sold by Tesla.

Look at Richard Symons text when he is advertising his cars, basically saying, he can't guarantee that features won't be removed by Tesla
That's Supercharging, which was never a paid for option. (apart from very early models). This has only been the case when sold by Tesla as CPO, not for private sales.

Not some Supercharging privileges were attached to an owner, not the car.

Tesla can remove certain features in software updates, but you don't have to accept the update.

Tesla will also remove Supercharging if the car is registered as written off.

I've yet to see an example where paid for FSD has been removed by Tesla.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am not worried about Tesla removing FSD from my car. If/when I sell it they would be taking away a feature I paid for and that adds (some) value to my car. There was nothing in the T&Cs when I purchased it to indicate it would not be transferable with the car. If they gave me an option of keeping it to transfer to another Tesla in my ownership then it would be something I would consider. But just taking it away would amount to confiscation. Were I to sell my car to Tesla or trade it in to them, they (as new owner) would be free to do what they wish.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Hope you're both right, but

Bit of an odd story. As FSD doesn't really exist yet - how would the new owner know it wasn't there?

I suspect there is some confusion as Tesla have changed their terminology in this area quite a bit over the years.

For example, my car has Enhanced Autopilot, but not FSD. This is currently the same functionality as FSD in a Model 3.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hope you're both right, but

Sold by Tesla at auction according to the article. So the question is what features were listed in the auction sale. It seems pretty simple to me legally – did Tesla advertise it as having FSD when sold at auction. As I said, if mine were to be sold or traded in to Tesla they can then do what they want. If they sell me a car with FSD listed as a feature in the sale specifications they had better not take it away later!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Much more probable that the auction listed it incorrectly. It does happen, which is why it’s an auction.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Much more probable that the auction listed it incorrectly. It does happen, which is why it’s an auction.
I can't believe this fake news story is still going it's been thoroughly debunked weeks ago. Including by the current owner.

Man buys M3 with FSD
Man returns M3 to Tesla for unknown reasons.
Tesla re-sell M3 WITHOUT FSD, oblivious that it was never removed.
Car is then re-sold in a private sale with FSD.
During a software update/inventory, FSD is removed, as it should never have been there as it was sold (for the second time by Tesla) without FSD.
Current owner kicks up a stink as he feels he's been hard done to, Tesla bow to bad publicity/pressure and reinstate FSD.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Tesla are selling that one as a "new/ex demo" car so would qualify for things like 100% FYA, and not a used/cpo car (its more a technical difference than a practical one. There have been one or two for a while and there are 9 or 10 M3s at the moment. Tesla seem to be bundling FSD in to the car to make it technically a saving on list price but aren't any cheaper than new cars without - as if the FSD is a sweetner for somebody either test driving the car before you had it or someone rejecting the car because it was full of issues- both of which I'd probably pass on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts