Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted this over on the ID3 sub already, but I noticed that VW posted a new press release about 2.3 yesterday, suggesting that the full rollout has finally started:

Fingers crossed we see it soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someone posted this over on the ID3 sub already, but I noticed that VW posted a new press release about 2.3 yesterday, suggesting that the full rollout has finally started:

Fingers crossed we see it soon!
From what i've heard it's very underwhelming. A few UI changes, some flags, and I guess some under the hood bug fixes, but nothing about the disaster that is scheduled charging, and nothing about improvements to the app.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The phone app can be updated at any time though and from a software background isn't much of a challenge. 2.3 is about updating the firmware on your CAR remotely OTA. Frankly I'm glad the first one is "underwhelming", would you rather they tried to do too much and bricked your car on the drive?!

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah honestly I'm just hoping for bug fixes. There's a few things that have been niggling me and if they're cleared up then I'll be more than happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am certain this is mainly a case of testing that OTA updates work. More ambitious updates will undoubtedly follow. Gotta learn to walk before you run etc etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah honestly I'm just hoping for bug fixes. There's a few things that have been niggling me and if they're cleared up then I'll be more than happy.
Weren't VW planning updates every quarter? People have had their ID.4s since Q1 with 2.1 software. Nothing released (to all) in Q2, and Q3 is almost over.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,184 Posts
Weren't VW planning updates every quarter? People have had their ID.4s since Q1 with 2.1 software. Nothing released (to all) in Q2, and Q3 is almost over.
Planning is the key word there isn’t it?

I don’t think they promised that regularity from launch.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am certain this is mainly a case of testing that OTA updates work. More ambitious updates will undoubtedly follow. Gotta learn to walk before you run etc etc.
At the moment it feels like they're seeing if they can wiggle a toe let alone move a leg to walk :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweden here! i got an Email on monday 13/9 about a future 2.3 OTA.
Here comes the text i received translated ofc:

Wireless update of your ID.
Hi xxxx

This information applies to your ID.4 with registration number xxxxx.

We are now preparing for you to get new and improved features in your ID. via wireless update, "Over-the-Air".

Within a few weeks, you will receive an email to the email address you provided in connection with the signing of your We Connect Start agreement that enabled your We Connect ID account. In the email, you will need to approve that the update is sent to your car. As soon as it is available, you will receive a notice in the car's infotainment screen. We will gradually send out the update to affected cars and it may therefore take some time before you receive a notice in your car.

If you already want to read more about how the update will go and what conditions are required, you can read more via the link below.

Read more ❯

More information and what is required to update your car will also go out in the mail to all our ID customers soon.

With kind regards
Volkswagen Sweden

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
2,409 Posts
We are supposed to get a software update every twelve week!!

At this rate of sending out the software update, the next update will be due before we receive the first one. Maybe after this first major update it will be more straight forward from now on!!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,184 Posts
I got the email from VW U.K. about how it was going to be done a few weeks back, but haven’t yet had the email where you have to agree to stuff before you get the update pushed out to your car.

I can’t say I’m that exercised about it, and I don’t get why they need to commit to pushing an update every 13 weeks either, we may end up with changes for changes sake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the email from VW U.K. about how it was going to be done a few weeks back, but haven’t yet had the email where you have to agree to stuff before you get the update pushed out to your car.

I can’t say I’m that exercised about it, and I don’t get why they need to commit to pushing an update every 13 weeks either, we may end up with changes for changes sake.
I don't believe I have had either of these emails yet.

As you say, not that excited about the update anyway, but would be good to know I am in the system!

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
440 Posts
Planning is the key word there isn’t it?

I don’t think they promised that regularity from launch.
it was in the june statement where they announced 2.3 that they said they would like to send regular updates and also allow people to purchace additonal functionality. (where have I heard that idea from!)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wonder if the emails will be sent in batches, maybe based on when you got the car? It looks like @Tooks has a 1st and has had an email, is there anyone who owns a different trim who has had one?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wonder if the emails will be sent in batches, maybe based on when you got the car? It looks like @Tooks has a 1st and has had an email, is there anyone who owns a different trim who has had one?
I have a 1st but bought ex-demo so will be interesting to see if it’s order if car production or order of we connect sign up.

I’ve never had a VW (we connect) email on any subject- has anyone else?

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I had that same update yesterday. It was nothing much but it's encouraging that things are starting to happen at least.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received notification of the update, but was driving at the time. Now I'm stopped, it seems to have disappeared. Tried the Software Update option through settings.

Do they just disappear, there's no way of pausing the update?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts