Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
On order Ioniq 5 Digital Teal Green Light Grey and Dark Teal
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
German members on meinid.com forum are posting “ received email for consent for update” hopefully things will start moving here as well.

·
Registered
On order Ioniq 5 Digital Teal Green Light Grey and Dark Teal
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Copy of email received on meinid.com
Hello _ ____,

"Benefit from new functions and more comfort from autumn 2021 without a visit to the workshop. In order to receive the ID.Software Update for your vehicle with the vehicle identification number WVWZZZE1ZMP040___, we need your one-time consent within the next 2 weeks. Once you have given your consent, it may take a few weeks for the update for your ID. to be ready for installation.

The over-the-air update provides your ID. with new functions and optimizations, for example with regard to the ID. Light or a more intuitive usability of the infotainment system. The multifunction camera will also be improved, so that assistance systems will be able to react even more precisely in the future. The update consists of two parts. As soon as a software package is ready for installation, the message "System update available" appears in the infotainment display.

In the course of updating the multifunction camera, the camera-based driver assistance systems (e.g. Lane Assist, Travel Assist,...) are not available for safety reasons from the start of the download to the completion of the installation. Your ID. indicates this by warnings and symbols in the ID. display. Technically, the condition is comparable to "snow on the camera", which you may have already experienced last winter. The driving safety of your ID.s is therefore retained. After successful installation of the two software packages, the range of functions of the driver assistance systems has been restored and optimized. For example, the following warnings and icon lights can be displayed:"

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
426 Posts
Is that the one with the updated charging curve?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Volkswagen is also planning to generate more revenue in the usage phase through new, data-based business models – for services and functions that customers can add as needed. And precisely when they are needed. In the future, this could include Travel Assist for long-distance journeys or improved battery performance, and at a later date also highly automated driving. With these additional digital services, Volkswagen aims to generate additional sales in the triple-digit millions over the next few years.
Interesting - looks like travel assist (for example) is just SW controlled...

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
60 Posts
Interesting - looks like travel assist (for example) is just SW controlled...
I've had a feeling it was. My ID.4 doesn't have it yet has ACC and Lane assist. It quite easily moves the steering wheel for me from lane assist. If they offered a software upgrade at a good price then I would be tempted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had a feeling it was. My ID.4 doesn't have it yet has ACC and Lane assist. It quite easily moves the steering wheel for me from lane assist. If they offered a software upgrade at a good price then I would be tempted.
I thought Travel Assist depended on the side cameras?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I thought Travel Assist depended on the side cameras?
Think that’s just for the 360 parking view thing…

if travel assist is basically keeping your car between the white lineson a motorway then side camera’s wouldn’t do much.
However I do remember seeing a tech drawing of the sensors on an id3 and there are some pointing down at the road behind the real wheels (inthink)

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
283 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
476 Posts
..so what is "We Connect Start"?

I mean, I've got a "We Connect ID" app, in fact these are the apps connected to my VW account;

View attachment 149789

..so why the need to add new words / confusion?

I've driven VAG stuff for the last 20+ years, but boy, do they make it hard at times.
It’s the thing which makes the We Connect ID. app work, if you have that paired with your car you don’t need to do anything else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
VW launches OTA updates for all I.D. models - electrive.com

Quote,
Until now, the updates were only available in the test phase to customers registered in the so-called “ID. First Movers Club”. Now the updates are available to all customers of an ID.3, ID.4 and ID.4 GTX. In future, VW wants to roll out updates approximately every twelve weeks.
i am newbi how do i know if i have 2.1 software? i cant see 2.1 there and only showing 700 somthing .any help or screen shot please

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,355 Posts
i am newbi how do i know if i have 2.1 software? i cant see 2.1 there and only showing 700 somthing .any help or screen shot please
Software version 0792 is also known as ‘2.1’, so if you remember 700 something, then it’s likely the current version. 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
Think that’s just for the 360 parking view thing…

if travel assist is basically keeping your car between the white lineson a motorway then side camera’s wouldn’t do much.
However I do remember seeing a tech drawing of the sensors on an id3 and there are some pointing down at the road behind the real wheels (inthink)
My understanding was Lane Assist keeps your car in the Lane but it tends to bounce. The side cameras help the car see the lanes better and allow the more advanced Travel Assist. I remember reading something to that effect but could be wrong though…

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well I got part 1 of the v2.3 OTA update, but with little driving it took a long time to get part 2 downloaded. Finally I got the Update button, only for it to fail with an instruction to get it to the workshop. As a 1st Edition, it appears that its not alone, so just booked it in. My dealership only has a curtesy car in Mid-Nov. I can wait. I wonder if v2.4 will come the week after! The irony.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
476 Posts
Well I got part 1 of the v2.3 OTA update, but with little driving it took a long time to get part 2 downloaded. Finally I got the Update button, only for it to fail with an instruction to get it to the workshop. As a 1st Edition, it appears that its not alone, so just booked it in. My dealership only has a curtesy car in Mid-Nov. I can wait. I wonder if v2.4 will come the week after! The irony.
I've had 2.3 on my 1st Edition for weeks now, when was yours "born"? Mine was built in August 2020.

I did read rumours on the VW group on Facebook that some 1st Editions might need a dealer visit for this update only...

1 - 20 of 229 Posts