Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
My (presumed part 1) download us installing now. The radio is playing in the background even though the car is locked (odd). Only have 2 bars of 4G also.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got Part 1 downloaded, installed OK . There was a week gap for me as I'm not using the car much. It did download Part 2 (much, much bigger) and upon initiating the start of the install, it failed saying I had to take it to the dealer. Mine is a 1st Edition. There have been some reports of some failing the Part 2 update. So I am booked in to get the rest of the OTA (now at the dealership) update.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
Has anyone noticed anything that's different after the part 1 install?
I didn't, other than part 2 started downloading the next time I used the car.

I've had 2.3 for nearly 2 months now.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,294 Posts
Second part of my 2.3 update appeared to download on my drive to work today, set it off to install as I parked up and it installed and I’m on 0910 (2.3) now.

Painless process all told.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I was going to hold off on running the update as on another thread people have panicked me into thinking my car will spontaneously combust for warranty heresy if I take it anywhere near a dealer due to some 3rd party work I had done on the audio system. So I didn't want to rock the software boat. But I'd forgotten that you're without all the assists once it has downloaded the new software until you let it update, so I thought I'd be a brave little soldier and click the update.

I'm assuming the first part is done. All that happened when I got back in the car a few hours later was it said "need to establish internet connection to complete update". I tapped 'ok' on that, then nothing happened. But I just drove it around the block and all the assist functions are available again, so I guess it must have finished successfully. Fingers crossed the next part goes as smoothly when the car offers it to me.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,294 Posts
So what is actually new with 2.3 vs 2.1?
Menu-Icon scroll is now left to right instead of up and down. You can select a country flag or a VW symbol for the home button.

Er, haven’t noticed anything else yet, I presume it’s all under the hood stuff.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The Life has now gone through the multiple errors too and downloading the update took about 4 mins (5 full bars of 4G outside school, the Family took 2 hours with 2 bars at home).

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
Menu-Icon scroll is now left to right instead of up and down. You can select a country flag or a VW symbol for the home button.

Er, haven’t noticed anything else yet, I presume it’s all under the hood stuff.
Startup and general response are faster, and the home button toggles between the two pages of icons and the two pages of widgets.

There are some new ID. Light functions too, you'll get a light blue block flash up in front of the driver when you need to ease off for a junction (like you get the symbols pop up on the driver display), and on motorways I've see two white lines flash up in front of the driver when Lane Assist is triggered. The release notes mention some other things but I've not seen those happen yet so no idea what colours or patterns they have.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
False activation of the alarm system just now. First time that's happened in ages. I guess that's how you know a VW software update has applied itself 🤣

·
Registered
946 Posts
Both cars still say they're still on 0792 (2.1), but all the sensory issues are gone. I'm presuming the first part of the update is done but the second bit isn't yet?

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
567 Posts
Ok my 2.3 update has now completed ok!!
Part 1 eventually happened after a few ‘update failed- try again’ messages.
For Part 2 I parked next to a mast 1 mile away from home that had great 4G coverage and left it for 5 hours.
I guess most issues will be around insufficient 4G coverage. (And I’ve no idea why part 1 pushed things to 3G which just seemed to make things worse).
Anyway all done. Only noticed a few cosmetic changes so far.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
Both cars still say they're still on 0792 (2.1), but all the sensory issues are gone. I'm presuming the first part of the update is done but the second bit isn't yet?
That sounds correct yes. Once part 2 is installed you’ll see 0910 plus a new “ID. Software” category on the same screen which will say 2.3.0

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
567 Posts
So how do you implement changing flags or selecting a VW logo on the display??
Or have I not been understanding this new feature?
Thanks.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
2,545 Posts
It looks like my part 1 download is just extremely slow. Either my connectivity or the VW back end I guess. I’m nearly 6 hours in, for View attachment 151049 the part 1….
I was a bit concerned when I locked the car up yesterday, my update page was still looking similar to your photo, this afternoon I went to the car and checked again and it hadn't changed since yesterday (or if it had, not by much).

So I decided to press the start button on the steering column (not pressing the brake) and stay in the car reading a book, and was pleased to say after just over an hour the blue line completed its journey to the right, and I got the message again saying internet connection required and installation will start after I lock the car.

I think my problem has been my internet connection in the garage, one bar on 4G. I hope that is a good enough signal for installation!

61 - 80 of 171 Posts