Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,294 Posts
Startup and general response are faster, and the home button toggles between the two pages of icons and the two pages of widgets.

There are some new ID. Light functions too, you'll get a light blue block flash up in front of the driver when you need to ease off for a junction (like you get the symbols pop up on the driver display), and on motorways I've see two white lines flash up in front of the driver when Lane Assist is triggered. The release notes mention some other things but I've not seen those happen yet so no idea what colours or patterns they have.
Yes, just in the middle of a 180 mile drive now, and I’ve noticed the menu/response improvements, the extra ID Light functions, and the general graphics update on the main screen.

I also note my headlights are set to driving on the left in the travel mode as they should be.

Have they implemented the 125kW max charge rate so you know, or is that not part of this update?

So how do you implement changing flags or selecting a VW logo on the display??
Or have I not be understanding this new feature?
Thanks.
It’s in home button > settings > home button design.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
567 Posts
I was a bit concerned when I locked the car up yesterday, my update page was still looking similar to your photo, this afternoon I went to the car and checked again and it hadn't changed since yesterday (or if it had, not by much).

So I decided to press the start button on the steering column (not pressing the brake) and stay in the car reading a book, and was pleased to say after just over an hour the blue line completed its journey to the right, and I got the message again saying internet connection required and installation will start after I lock the car.

I think my problem has been my internet connection in the garage, one bar on 4G. I hope that is a good enough signal for installation!
That’s exactly what happened to me. Part 1 slowed to a halt, maybe not helped by the 3G malarkey. In the morning I sat in it, 4G 2 bars was showing and it quickly finished the download while I sat there. I then had problems when I pressed ‘Install’ with the ‘failed -try again’ message. It finally resolved. Then I drove it to a strong 4G area and left it there for part 2.
I think you need at least 3 bars on 4G for this or you run into complications.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
So how do you implement changing flags or selecting a VW logo on the display??
Or have I not been understanding this new feature?
Thanks.
It's a new option in Settings, once part 2 is installed.

I tried it once, then took it off again.

Reactions: OB1CCFC

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
Have they implemented the 125kW max charge rate so you know, or is that not part of this update?
No they haven't, and apparently even when they do some cars may need a visit to the workshop.

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, just in the middle of a 180 mile drive now, and I’ve noticed the menu/response improvements, the extra ID Light functions, and the general graphics update on the main screen.

I also note my headlights are set to driving on the left in the travel mode as they should be.

It’s in home button > settings > home button design.
Re ‘drive on the left’. Mine was still on the right but I did as someone suggested. Ie. Click on ‘drive on the right’ again and then the Left option becomes available. Sadly it reverts to the Right again after leaving the car. So still buggy….

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Re ‘drive on the left’. Mine was still on the right but I did as someone suggested. Ie. Click on ‘drive on the right’ again and then the Left option becomes available. Sadly it reverts to the Right again after leaving the car. So still buggy….
I think even when it already says ‘driving on the right’ they’re actually still setup for the left.

Reason I say that is when you first press driving on the right and you get the message on the steering wheel screen, you can hear the headlight motors move and you can see the beam shift?

I had to do that first time, but since then mine has stayed stuck to the ‘driving on left’ setting.

It’s not right, as you say, but hopefully is actually set correctly even if not indicated.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine hasn't offered me the 2nd part yet... how long do people have to wait for that? I think the car polls the system once a week doesn't it so I'd assume it's a week between part 1 and part 2, but some people seem to have it sooner so perhaps not? Maybe the car rewards the faithful like @Tooks by offering speedy updates... I'm generally an ID.3 believer, but my faith has wavered a few times over my ownership :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Mine hasn't offered me the 2nd part yet... how long do people have to wait for that? I think the car polls the system once a week doesn't it so I'd assume it's a week between part 1 and part 2, but some people seem to have it sooner so perhaps not? Maybe the car rewards the faithful like @Tooks by offering speedy updates... I'm generally an ID.3 believer, but my faith has wavered a few times over my ownership :ROFLMAO:
Part 1 for me arrived on a Monday afternoon, Part 2 the following morning. 🤷

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
90 Posts
Part 1 & 2 installed. Remember a few weeks ago an exension to the Navigation system arrived - was it WeConnect? It was the last blue square ( widget or whatever) on the second page i.e. below the rest. I used it this morning to find a local charge point. Useful. That was before Part 2 installed. Any idea where it has gone - have they merged it with 'Navigation' or is it the old update problem - 2 steps foreward and 3 back?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Part 1 & 2 installed. Remember a few weeks ago an exension to the Navigation system arrived - was it WeConnect? It was the last blue square ( widget or whatever) on the second page i.e. below the rest. I used it this morning to find a local charge point. Useful. That was before Part 2 installed. Any idea where it has gone - have they merged it with 'Navigation' or is it the old update problem - 2 steps foreward and 3 back?
I think you mean We Charge. Mine is still there under 2.3.
The final bit of the Part 2 install was to put in We Charge and an online manual etc. Did you see that??

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour. Stonewashed blue.
93 Posts
Part one came on the 11th of August and installed without any obvious problems. I've done a lot of driving since then, but no sign of the second part. I've followed all of the tips and tricks provided by VW. My dealer doesn't give a toss. :LOL:

·
Registered
579 Posts
No update arrived for me yet…. Neighbours are going to start wondering why I go and sit in my car every now and then… 😁

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
I had We Charge before the 2.3 update, and still have it now.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
465 Posts
My part 1 installation was on a Tuesday morning, part 2 downloaded the next time I used the car that evening.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No update arrived for me yet…. Neighbours are going to start wondering why I go and sit in my car every now and then… 😁
Same - tbf ours is mostly a local runabout with fairly regular long drives so maybe as a family we just need to drive more 🙄

·
Registered
946 Posts
My second download completed this morning, not sure when it will actually install as it said I could install when my journey was complete,and it was.

81 - 100 of 171 Posts