Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Bolts are in stock. We had 4 last week and have 2 left. An LT and a Premier. Located in West Palm Beach,

If you would like to set up an interview please message, text or call me and I will set it up for you. If we happen to sell them before an appointment, I will let you know before you come to the dealership.

Andrew, 305-927-1601

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
2 Bolts are in stock. We had 4 last week and have 2 left. An LT and a Premier. Located in West Palm Beach,

If you would like to set up an interview please message, text or call me and I will set it up for you. If we happen to sell them before an appointment, I will let you know before you come to the dealership.

Andrew, 305-927-1601
If I told the wife I had an interview at the car dealers she would ask if I was changing job.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
What can you do on a PCP deal (excluding delivery mileage)
Delivery milage. :)

For anyone seriously considering this:

GMAC don't have PCP. In the US, the choice is lease, finance (HP) or purchase. They also won't let you export a financed car. You'd have to buy the car outright and have it shipped from Florida.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
From the US? Roughly the price of the car. + 1500 + 20% VAT. + Import duty (2.5%???). + a few hundred in customs clearance fees.

Most US states are going to charge sales tax even if you export the car.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
When I got shipping quotes eight years ago, it was about a 1000 for ro-ro port to port. . A 20ft container wasn't much more than that. With ro-ro, the car has to be empty. If you use a container, you can fill it up with parts or anything else legal to import.

Haven't done it recently.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not to mention the fact that for rapid charging, you'd have to change the US-spec charging port for one from the mythical Opel Ampera-E, because CCS in North America is based on a type 1 connector, whereas the rest of the world uses type 2 CCS - and Japan barely uses CCS in favour of Chademo. (New Zealand has recently agreed that all CCS connectors should be type 2-based, rather than the mismatch they had before).

.. and the Bolt probably has US DOT spec light clusters (red turn signals, different headlight beam specs, foglights need fitting), which are incompatible with the rest of the world (Amber turn signals).

Similar issues arose for the early adopters of the Model S before it was launched in Europe. Charge connectors, and all sorts of other things light rear light clusters, needed changing to get it through approval in Europe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts