Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now have 2 cars to consider. Both 30kwh Teknas.
1) 2017, 38k, 11bars, 80% SoH, 2 charge leads (a Cleevely car)
2) 2016, 49k, 12 bars, awaiting LeafSpy report, granny charger only (A Drive Green car)
Both cars are in the same very good condition and similar price.
I am assuming the LeafSpy will give a better SoH on car 2, but car 1 SoH could be lower as car has sat for longer at dealer.

Is age and lower mileage a better option or should the better battery bar indicator push me toward that car if it has better than 80% SoH from the LeafSpy print out?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,842 Posts
Firstly I’d ask what battery controller firmware the 2017 model has. Cleevely motors should be very quick in finding out. It requires LSP.

The thing with 2017 model is that it gives additional years warranty and is 11k less. I have a feeling it will have 4NR6A and there’s an update pending for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
yeah i'd bet that 2017 car needs the update, and once done will jump up to the high 80's and the bar will return.

Made a real difference to range when i got mine done too, it wasnt just fudging the numbers to save themselves warranty.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,842 Posts
Any info from Cleevely motors on firmware on the 2017 Leaf?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,842 Posts
They are going to check for me before collecting on Thursday.
It's a lovely 1 owner car with 38k miles, full s/h, new tyres and drove beautifully.
Looking good. Cleevely are good. I would buy from Cleevely over any Nissan dealers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
120 mile journey home tomorrow, with the Cheltenham to Stroud road closed it's via Cirencester with a stop at Frome GeniePoint🤞🤞
Do you tend to drive in Eco mode or doesn't it make much difference?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Do you tend to drive in Eco mode or doesn't it make much difference?
Eco just makes the pedal feel crap.

With mine it was just updated as part of the service. She called it a "recall" but i doubt its actually a recall as that term has special meaning.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,842 Posts

With mine it was just updated as part of the service. She called it a "recall" but i doubt its actually a recall as that term has special meaning.
I started appreciating eco when I was driving Outlander. Too much power was wasted by power spikes - missing that on HS Phev now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just contacted Dorchester Nissan and they confirm the car has two service updates.
1)Earth strap
2) LIB controller

I presume 2) is the update from 4NR6A to 4NR6B? The girl wasn't sure exactly what 2) consisted of🙄

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
yeh thats the update. I guess LIB is probably lithium ion battery

·
Registered
609 Posts

I use eco when transporting some family members who do not travel well. On my own I just drive normally.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just contacted Dorchester Nissan and they confirm the car has two service updates.
1)Earth strap
2) LIB controller

I presume 2) is the update from 4NR6A to 4NR6B? The girl wasn't sure exactly what 2) consisted of🙄
Not sure how much you’ve had to do with them so far, but dorch nissan are my local dealer and they’ve been very good to deal with. Should sort you out ok. I think 2) might be the update.
I’ll keep my eyes open for a grey leaf if you're local - ours is black!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts