Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a) The kerb side "camera" view that appears in the drivers-dials when you indicate ....... blind spot coverage EVERY time

b) the camping related ability to boil a kettle / fire up a microwave / toaster from the charging socket 3pin-13amp adapter (assumes you can park the car by the tent with a weather proof lead #BritishWeather

Jut hoping the decent recharging speeds work in 5-19degree temperatures, or a WinterMode that properly heats the battery so it takes in juice at the appealing rates.

Anyone other things that they think make the Ioniq 5 a very interesting proposal ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That’s camera view when indicating is amazing.

vehicle to load adapter is great. Awaiting confirmation it’s waterproof.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s camera view when indicating is amazing.

vehicle to load adapter is great. Awaiting confirmation it’s waterproof.
Robert L confirms it is waterproof in his FullyCharged you tube video

Reactions: UrbanSplash

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
1,006 Posts
I was most amused by Jonny Smith charging his monkey bike and running a bouncy castle from the car. Amazing for camping.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm not convinced how good the camera will be myself given its not particularly close to the window and the picture quality is unknown at this point. For the left hand side especially you have a lot of refocusing to do between the display through the steering wheel and then off to the nearside mirror. I think low speed maneuvering is the only real practical use of this tech in this particular configuration.

Good idea but it might need a bit more refinement. I like the Honda execution of this idea with the displays very close to the door on both sides so your eyes are naturally focusing in that area looking for a mirror anyway.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm not convinced how good the camera will be myself given its not particularly close to the window and the picture quality is unknown at this point. For the left hand side especially you have a lot of refocusing to do between the display through the steering wheel and then off to the nearside mirror. I think low speed maneuvering is the only real practical use of this tech in this particular configuration.

Good idea but it might need a bit more refinement. I like the Honda execution of this idea with the displays very close to the door on both sides so your eyes are naturally focusing in that area looking for a mirror anyway.
If the cams are as good as the ones on the Kia Sorrento - excellent quality....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts