Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So my 2 month old ioniq EV broke down today, called hyundai breakdown who sent AA. The AA chap said the battery had gone flat (not the main one, the other 12v one) which is unusual because I use the car a lot. He said it's a common issue with these new hyundais, so I've had to drop the car off at the dealers and currently waiting for an update.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Junaid

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
596 Posts
There are quite a few threads on this if you do a search. I had a similar experience. After about four trips to the dealer and one new battery, mine turned out to be water in the doors shorting out the electrics and keeping the car awake with a 2A vampire drain. Mine was failing after rain or washing the car. Having had the door electrics waterproofed all now seems well with mine, however others have reported similar battery issues which are not to do with water. Worth thinking if yours could be. Some people recommend keeping a battery booster pack in the car.
Best of luck!

·
RupesDotNet
14 Posts
Wonder if your car was sat at the dealers for months due to lockdown before you took ownership? You are not alone in having trouble with the auxiliary battery. Even James May has trouble with his Tesla, although hopefully you didn't need to jailbreak yours to get it going

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Lots of info in ioniqforum.com . The 12V battery in these is remarkably small, and can be flattened by something as trivial as having he radio on for 20 mins with the car off, or something like that! Rule is never do anything without having the car fully on. Also failing to close the hatch properly can leave the boot light on, and that flattens it overnight. You might want to fit a BM2 battery monitor that can send you an alert, I think, if the 12V goes low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts