Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to lease a brand new BMW i3 120 Ah for 2 years/12,000 total miles. The fee to add maintenance is just £11 more per month. Is it worth getting maintenance included or should I pay one off for a possible 2 year service due on the date of return?

I've found it very difficult to find details of service schedule and fees from BMW to get a plan. I've seen the latter quoted on review sites as from £239 per year or £239 for first service...

The leasing maintenance package would also include tyres but I don't imagine my mileage would warrant new ones.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @gofer. It does include punctures which is helpful. Does that mean the two year service (excluding punctures) is £239?

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
752 Posts
I’ve read that you can buy the service pack for £239 and also BMW have been having sales on this eg on Black Friday.

Service costs vary from dealer to dealer I think, mine is only a few months old so haven’t tested it. Again I’ve read that people are being quoted high prices so buying the service pack just before the first service is needed is the way to go.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Had my 2 year old i3 first service today. Micro filter and brake fluid changed. I said that I didn't need the filter as I had only done 6000 miles but was told that it was a time related service item which seems hard to believe. They wanted to charge me £370 but when I said that was outrageous they knocked off 10%, so, £343 and they phoned me to say it was finished an hour after I dropped it off. Still, they sent me a video and a commentary which I can treasure forever!

I know overheads and labour charge are high in the South East but this is ridiculous. Not much you can do when it’s under warranty and there are few dealers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Service pack is the way to go, available to
purchase up until the first service
.... not if it’s £239 per annum and the service interval is two years. I believe my next service I in one year but it would still be cheaper to buy an annual service. No information online and the dealers are (deliberately?) vague.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
752 Posts
you take it out just before the service is due for one year.

They also do a 36 mth plan at £15 a month which includes MoT and a few other bits. Time it right and get first and 2nd service and MoT done within the package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts