Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking to buy a second hand 40kw Leaf and what is the difference between 2. Zero and 3.Zero?

Thanks and what a great site.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The 2.ZERO is what I have, and is the limited launch edition of the second generation Leaf, MY 2018. The 3.ZERO is the same thing for the third generation, MY2019.

The 2.ZERO is positioned just below the Tekna and has most of the goodies of the Tekna (including ProPilot) apart from leather seats and the BOSE sound system (which to my mind is a positive, since the BOSE takes up a chunk of the boot space).

The 3.ZERO is probably similarly positioned.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 3.ZERO has the new infotainment system with 8 inch screen, Tom Tom maps with free over the air updates and the new updated APP, MY 2020 has the USB sockets in the rear.

The 2.ZERO has the original system, old nav system and no map up dates, that’s about it.

The 3.ZERO is Tekna specification where the 2.ZERO didn’t have leather seats and no BOSE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, but didn't Nissan changed the battery from 2018 to 2019 and the height of the car?

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,559 Posts
I think the 62 is a bit higher ride height wise. The boot space is also slightly smaller.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's only the 62Kwh that has had the height increased by 5mm - the ground clearance on the 62Kwh is 135mm where the 40Kwh is 155mm. In the USA you can order the 62Kwh with 16 inch wheels, that would make going over humps in the road interesting!

Enclosed the LEAF brochure from Sept 2019 for the specifications on the back page.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
For info, Rustygit, I have posted a Leaf 40kwh buyers guide that might help you. I will move the post to the top of the search column. Simon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts