Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Leaf hit 20k miles yesterday and, even though I know it's a tiny number compared to some of the cabs, and older cars on here, I decided to post a few stats and thoughts anyway!

Average of 4.2 miles/kWh over 17 months. Mostly D - I find I get better mileage regulating my right foot, than using ECO. I use ECO and B as braking methods. Climate control, heated seats and steering wheel, are used whenever needed; near permanent in winter and when it's hot. To me, it's a car; I'm not sitting freezing/boiling just because my propulsion method isn't petrol/diesel.

Actual cost to me of the electricity I've put in the car at home is around £250 ~ 1.25 pence per mile.
I charge at work and, until January, used a number of Source London posts every time I was in London, Watford, St Albans, etc. Also, occasionally at Nissan HQ in Denham, the local dealer in St Albans and Ecotricity at South Mimms a few times last year.

Major problems with Carwings/Nissan Connect for most of the first year, but it's been better over the last few months. It's still an amateurish effort at a system, but at least I can now get the data 80% of the time.

12v battery has been replaced, under warranty, after failing - twice - in early January. Nissan EV Breakdown Assistance were pretty poor; I was better guided by folks on this forum, particularly Mike Schooling.

Most problems (or bad luck?) with tyres. Three punctures so far, then yesterday the valve broke off my left rear tyre. So the car currently cannot be driven until the mobile tyre fitters get here on Monday. I can't get it to a tyre shop, and can't take advantage of Costco's significantly cheaper prices on tyres. No spare tyre seems a real false economy.

My PCP ends in October this year. I'll almost certainly stay electric, but less sure about the Leaf and Nissan as a brand/manufacturer. Really hope the Model 3 is all it's cracked up to be when it finally hits these shores, which should be around the time my next PCP finishes.

I've learned more about electricity than I ever thought I'd know - and still feel pretty ignorant! Even in the short time I've owned the car, I've noticed the tone of questions changing. I've personally convinced two people to buy Leafs, and an event that we held at work may yield a couple more EV drivers. It's the future, you know :)

IMG_4153.jpg

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats. I passed 20k this week too. 12v seems fine, one slow puncture, that was repaired for free (tire shop guy said they were not allowed to work on EVs before being corrected and fix for free as apology.) £200 home charging, £50 public charging. Flatbedded once. SOH 100%. All in very pleased with the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts