Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

20" Wheels - All Season Tyres?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  callumw 
#1 ·
Just bought a VW id.4 today, arrives next week. It comes with the 20" rims, but we are snowboarder/skiers and so will be on the icy roads all winter up to the ski resorts.
  • Does anyone have any inside information on where to find all season tyres for this rim?
  • We did try to haggle with the dealer to swap the 20's for 19's but he just looked at us funny.
We have the Tesla winter pack for our model 3, but this doesn't seem to be a thing at VW plus I'd rather not have another 4 wheels in the garage.

#3 · (Edited)
Just bought a VW id.4 today, arrives next week. It comes with the 20" rims, but we are snowboarder/skiers and so will be on the icy roads all winter up to the ski resorts.
  • Does anyone have any inside information on where to find all season tyres for this rim?
  • We did try to haggle with the dealer to swap the 20's for 19's but he just looked at us funny.
We have the Tesla winter pack for our model 3, but this doesn't seem to be a thing at VW plus I'd rather not have another 4 wheels in the garage.
I fitted 20" All Season tyres to my ID4 First Edition in November after spending quite some time researching winter or all-season tyres recommended for the ID4. I contacted all the major tyre manufacturers and the only one that came back with an ID4 EV approved tyre at the time was Bridgestone. The difficulty most tyre companies stated was due to the two different tyre sizes front and rear as they had the rear size but not the front size. So in the end I fitted 2 x 235/50/20 and 2x 255/45/20 Bridgestone Alenza Sport All Season. Very pleased with them and have used them in the snow without any issues, not as good as a dedicated winter tyre but acceptable for me. Pricing wise it worked out at £755 for the 4 fitted.

#6 ·
So in the end I fitted 2 x 235/50/20 and 2x 255/45/20 Bridgestone Alenza Sport All Season. Very pleased with them and have used them in the snow without any issues, not as good as a dedicated winter tyre but acceptable for me. Pricing wise it worked out at £755 for the 4 fitted.
did you get these online, or from a local tyre shop?

#8 ·
Ordered the tyres via asdatyres.co.uk and the tyre shop that was selected to install have refused to install the tyres because "reasons". McConechies (central scotland) are now part of the regional tyre shop called Halfords and the Id.4 doesn't come up on their system so they are refusing to install. I'll keep the forum updated on progress.

Bridgestone 235/50R20 BST ALENZA SPORT AS C+ 104T XL x 2
235/50/R20
Bridgestone 255/45R20 BST ALENZA SPORT AS C+ 105T XL x 2
255/45/R20

#9 ·
Well. The second garage also refused to install the asdatyres/etyres order so I rang the tyre shop up, they had the tyres sent to them - ready to send back and I offered them £40 extra and they have installed them.
  • moral of the story: etyres/asdatyres can provide tyres but cannot get fitters to fit them because they don't offer enough fitment fee
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.