Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a phone call from garage my e2008 been recalled to do a update. Anyone else had a call

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,033 Posts
It’s not a recall. If your car left the factory before ~August 2020, there are multiple ECU updates available which will be done either at a service interval or as and when your dealer can perform them. All cars that are newer already have the latest software except maybe the ECU update that improves the speed of rapid charging which came out on May 27th.

These updates are nothing to do with the navigation and infotainment updates which are user performed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not a recall. If your car left the factory before ~August 2020, there are multiple ECU updates available which will be done either at a service interval or as and when your dealer can perform them. All cars that are newer already have the latest software except maybe the ECU update that improves the speed of rapid charging which came out on May 27th.

These updates are nothing to do with the navigation and infotainment updates which are user performed.
Strange my car was built December 2020 had a service 3 weeks ago now garage want me to bring it back in for a update

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just had the update done on my October 2020 e2008 GT. Technician had real problems with the update crashing when attempting to load it, ended up as a two day job. The car does feel different, particularly in Sport mode, less jerky. The car was fully charged this morning and there appeared to be regen at 100% charge, something that was missing and annoying before. Adaptive cruise braking may be less abrupt. Receptionist at dealer asked for my locking wheel nut key, I couldn't find it searched everywhere in the car and home. Couldn't find any nut key code with my delivery paperwork. Decided to check the wheel nuts on the car to see if there was a code on them. After taking the plastic nut covers off I was surprised to find they were all standard bolts, not locking. Did anyone get locking nuts with their car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts