Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is currently refusing to charge at home, when I plug in the light flashes amber, however if I get back in the car and turn the key in the ignition it starts charging, stops as soon as I take the key back out.

Mystified as I have never come across this issue in five years of owning the car.

Any ideas? Have already tried factory reset on the e-management/charging settings.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Managed to fix, took the car around the block again then connected up and it was all fine.

Very strange.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have had a similar issue and it was the 12v battery at the end of it's life. eventually totally refused to charge. VW garage said it needed a £4000 charging controller but it was actually fixed with a replacement 12v battery for a lot less.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Been thinking, could one way of checking if it is a 12v battery issue be to try a trickle charger on the 12v battery while trying to charge and with the ignition off (so the main battery pack is not trying to charge the 12v at the same time) ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Most likely the 12v battery is getting old, they dont last very long in EVs and your trip around the block would have put some charge into it.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts