Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found one that works well for iPhone audio streaming? I would like to use internet radio from my phone.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Can you just pair your phone over Bluetooth with the stereo, and then stream music to it like a set of Bluetooth headphones? Not tried it myself but been meaning to :)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Annoyingly we can't stream through the bluetooth (something my wife like to point out as she can in her Qashqai).

Derek

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Why use up your data allowance? Just dump all your music, including podcasts onto a usb. The media player is pretty good. A minor annoyance though is if you are navigating the menu and a TP kicks in, you have to start from scratch.

But yes, I'm not answering your question....:oops:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Have a search for 'grom audio'

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I got that too I would need a hub, I already have a 32gb mini stick with all my music on. Only downside is a big muckle list to scroll through.
The USB part is only there to power the device. If you've got a flash drive plugged in already then you could use a cigarette lighter to USB adapter.

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so a simple bluetooth dongle would do the trick? I have a few of those lying around here so will try one later.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
No, not a normal Bluetooth dongle - the device referred to uses USB for power, then acts like a Bluetooth Headset, with a 3.5mm earphones socket on it. You can then use a standard cable (probably supplied?) to connect it to the AUX audio input in the armrest.

Reactions: semach.the.monkey

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can confirm the dongle semach the monkey recommended works perfect.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Neat little devices, like them, so cheap. I assume though that you have to use the phone or iPod etc to control what's playing, as it's not 'two way' so the car cant do it?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Gah, SO sorry, I've posted it in the wrong thread! This should have been in the ODB2 GreenVolt App thread :( I've deleted the link above in case anyone gets the wrong thing. Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Now I've got a longer commute I'm listening to more podcasts and while the Nexus 5 speakers are mostly audible they're sometimes not quite load enough. Here's my solution: a bluetooth headset and a 3.5mm jack adapter. I already had the headset, phone, and Volt so total cost was £1.99.

See https://plus.google.com/u/0/104476390096404861445/posts/98dsfXN2FaU

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
A superb solution!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts