Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Transit Connect Van body/chassis upgraded by Azure Dynamics to full electrics,
Originally sold for over $57000.
Here for sale my 2013/14 - hardly used van with only 15400 miles and 10 months MOT,
was bought for a specific project that never materialized therefore she has to go.

The van drives beautifully and is in great condition apart from few scratches and minor dents, comes complete with:
:: automatic gearbox
:: nearly new set of Michelin tyres
:: reverse parking sensors
:: Power steering
:: Regen system
:: AC
:: electric windows
:: a row of rear seats and blanking windows
:: 240v/13Amps home charger

The vehicle is located in Bracknell, Berks you are welcome to view/test drive it,

Advertised elsewhere for £6400 but to member of SpeakEV - will discounted to £6000.

Please call/txt/Viber/WhatsApp me on 07801 556711 pr PM on here,

thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi there, I guess no fast charge just the type 1? Do you know the max charge rate on type 1 please?

Its a nice van and a piece of EV history.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your interest,
I think 3KW is what is the standard charger can do,
some people have added a type 2 port for fast charging,

cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
type 1 can do up to (IIRC) 80A, but most cars that have type 1 max out at ~30A, with older mk 1 leafs being ~15A (6.6KW and 3.3KW respectively)....

Type 1 and type 2 are both basically glorified AC cables.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Adding a type 2 makes no difference to charging. The limitation is the onboard charger, which I believe was a 3kw unit. The charge outlet is just a supplier of AC mains power, as with all evs, the charger is onboard, unless the vehicle has DC ie Chademo or CCS, in which case the charger is the big box with the large cable and tethered DC plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts