Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Group have just released their latest sales figures, which include some great news for the BMW i sub-brand.

In October 2014 BMW delivered 1,985 BMW i vehicles worldwide, taking the year-to-date total deliveries to 12,184.

For October the BMW i split was 1,566 BMW i3 and 419 BMW i8 vehicles delivered.

:)

Here follows a couple of nice BMW i images from earlier in the year...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Regularity rally

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Word among the dealers is the vast majority are newcomers. Even the i8 has people trading in 911s and R8s they tell me.

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Amazing news and I have no doubt it would have been much better if they'd had the cars available... in the UK the i8 waiting list is over a year long with more than 400 cars back ordered (the original UK allocation was 200 cars). What I think is really exciting is that a £100K hybrid will sell and I have no doubt that it will encourage more companies to enter the PHEV and BEV market :)

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts
Indeed....the halo effect should help with EV uptake.
Yeah, can you imagine the demand generated if Tesla did a BMW style advert, Patrick Stuart narrating over a P85D that's drag racing basically everything and then silently slips back into a suburban garage like a sleeping beast?

Reactions: Kevin Sharpe

·
Super Moderator
Honda CB125R + Bus
12,797 Posts
How do those figures compare to the 1 or 3 series?

31 October 2014 worldwide YTD

BMW i3 12,184
BMW i8 760

BMW 3 series 391,449
BMW 4 series 92,760 (the 4 series replaces the 3 series coupe)
BMW 5 Series 309,563

The press release does not breakout 1 series sales numbers. The 1 gets a facelift for MY 2015. The current car uses the old PSA/BMW joint venture motor from the previous generation MINI. The update should slot in newer better motors and some other upgrades.

The new 2 series coupe has already replaced the seven-year-old 1 series coupe. I suspect that change alone made the 1 series sales numbers look bad in comparison to the previous year.

BMW Brand total 1,474,632

MINI Brand total 236,363 Down 5.3% from previous YTD due to model change over.

BMW Motorrad Brand total 109,052.
The press release does not breakout sales numbers for the C Evolution.

http://www.bmwgroup.com/bmwgroup_pr...s/news/2014/vertriebsmeldung_oktober2014.html

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
it took a while to work through the company/lease system.
I bailed out of ours and took a cash alternative. Way too complicated otherwise...

·
Super Moderator
Honda CB125R + Bus
12,797 Posts
Off topic, but I'm really not happy about the new BMW model number scheme.

So the 1 series coupe is now the 2 series coupe. The new Front Wheel Drive MPV is the 2 series active tourer. o_O

They are entirely different cars on different platforms.

·
Super Moderator
7,735 Posts
Mercedes just did a shuffle round as well. I guess you have to shake things up every now and then!

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Off topic, but I'm really not happy about the new BMW model number scheme.

So the 1 series coupe is now the 2 series coupe. The new Front Wheel Drive MPV is the 2 series active tourer. o_O

They are entirely different cars on different platforms.
I agree, it's odd.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.