Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Group have just released their latest sales figures, which include some great news for the BMW i sub-brand.

In October 2014 BMW delivered 1,985 BMW i vehicles worldwide, taking the year-to-date total deliveries to 12,184.

For October the BMW i split was 1,566 BMW i3 and 419 BMW i8 vehicles delivered.

:)

Here follows a couple of nice BMW i images from earlier in the year...

P90155740_lowRes.jpg
P90155733_lowRes.jpg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Word among the dealers is the vast majority are newcomers. Even the i8 has people trading in 911s and R8s they tell me.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
How do those figures compare to the 1 or 3 series?

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
Amazing news and I have no doubt it would have been much better if they'd had the cars available... in the UK the i8 waiting list is over a year long with more than 400 cars back ordered (the original UK allocation was 200 cars). What I think is really exciting is that a £100K hybrid will sell and I have no doubt that it will encourage more companies to enter the PHEV and BEV market :)

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
Indeed....the halo effect should help with EV uptake.
Yeah, can you imagine the demand generated if Tesla did a BMW style advert, Patrick Stuart narrating over a P85D that's drag racing basically everything and then silently slips back into a suburban garage like a sleeping beast?

·
Super Moderator
11,856 Posts
How do those figures compare to the 1 or 3 series?

31 October 2014 worldwide YTD

BMW i3 12,184
BMW i8 760

BMW 3 series 391,449
BMW 4 series 92,760 (the 4 series replaces the 3 series coupe)
BMW 5 Series 309,563

The press release does not breakout 1 series sales numbers. The 1 gets a facelift for MY 2015. The current car uses the old PSA/BMW joint venture motor from the previous generation MINI. The update should slot in newer better motors and some other upgrades.

The new 2 series coupe has already replaced the seven-year-old 1 series coupe. I suspect that change alone made the 1 series sales numbers look bad in comparison to the previous year.

BMW Brand total 1,474,632

MINI Brand total 236,363 Down 5.3% from previous YTD due to model change over.

BMW Motorrad Brand total 109,052.
The press release does not breakout sales numbers for the C Evolution.

http://www.bmwgroup.com/bmwgroup_pr...s/news/2014/vertriebsmeldung_oktober2014.html

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
it took a while to work through the company/lease system.
I bailed out of ours and took a cash alternative. Way too complicated otherwise...

·
Registered
939 Posts
No wonder it was BMW that Toyota chose to attack with their recent, shameful advertising campaign. Well done Beemer. If anyone deserves it after all the investment, you do.

·
Super Moderator
11,856 Posts
Off topic, but I'm really not happy about the new BMW model number scheme.

So the 1 series coupe is now the 2 series coupe. The new Front Wheel Drive MPV is the 2 series active tourer. o_O

They are entirely different cars on different platforms.

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
Mercedes just did a shuffle round as well. I guess you have to shake things up every now and then!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts